Missing Poe port voltage?

lane

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Danica POE NVR lost feed from Dahua turret connected using lr002? Passive coax Ethernet balum. Purchased a new turret and Ethernet to coax balumns and still not working. Set up test connections in house and it’s not working. Swapped ports and the other wired cam works fine. Connected new turret with Ethernet and it works. I have not measured voltage but the symptoms suggest it may be the Poe switch lost it’s voltage or the adapters aren’t working.

any ideas?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you try the balum on another port to confirm it isn't a bad adapter?

It happens sometimes that a port goes out.

Or you mention you purchased a new camera - could you be overloading the NVR POE? We have seen that happen to - just because it has X number of ports doesn't always mean it can power X number cameras - the POE has a power total budget and if X-1 cameras use all the power, then a camera loses feed when a new camera is added.

lane

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did you try the balum on another port to confirm it isn't a bad adapter?

It happens sometimes that a port goes out.

Or you mention you purchased a new camera - could you be overloading the NVR POE? We have seen that happen to - just because it has X number of ports doesn't always mean it can power X number cameras - the POE has a power total budget and if X-1 cameras use all the power, then a camera loses feed when a new camera is added.
The other camera is on Ethernet cable, no adapters. I have a short 3ft coax for testing. Bought two new adapters but probably only tried one. I had been having signal loss on the original turret and thought it was due to corrosion on the rj45. Could be too hot that close but didn’t work at original location. Also adapters are f to bnc but bought new ones.