Missing second in NVR playback

Cj500

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm stumped. When I review playback on my NVR ( NVR5208-4KS2) for my LPR (IPC-B5442E-Z4E), I click next frame button one click at a time to see frame by frame and look at the license plates. I am playing back directly on the NVR with connected monitor, not via phone or PC app.

The problem is sometimes the car suddenly jumps and is gone from the frame and the time code skips a second or so like from 23:05:05 to 23:05:07. This happens for maybe 5% of the cars.

Another car might pass a few minutes later and I see every frame as it enters and then exits the frame with no issue with the time code skipping.

Any ideas? Some sort of weird keyframe issue?

Cj500

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Also very strange is I just watched on gdmss mobile app and it's NOT skipping those seconds/frames when playing from the same NVR.

Cj500

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Maybe iframe setting? What are your settings?
Screenshot_20211126-151336_Chrome.jpg

It only seems to happen certain times. Other times it works perfectly. When I watch on gDMSS android app it sees every frame of the exact same car, but watching on the NVR it's like a frame was corrupted and skipped.

Damon

n3wb
Reaction score
Maybe it helps to set iframe to the same speed as fps. Is the camera directly connected to the recorder?

Cj500

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Maybe it helps to set iframe to the same speed as fps. Is the camera directly connected to the recorder?
It is connected to a POE switch since the NVR isn't POE. But get this, I updated the NVR firmware and playing back the same car footage that had issues now works perfectly with no dropped frames or time. Must have just been a weird NVR firmware bug for playback. Strange, but all set now.