Mix and Match

DupuyDog

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

I need some general info please. I recently purchase a Lorex NVR system for our church, model # LNK7108-N from Ebay new in box, It lasted about 6 weeks and I assume a thunderstorm rolled through and fried the unit. I contacted Lorex and they at first said it would not be warrantied as I didn't buy it form either them or Costco - but they did finally agree to warrant the unit. I got the new NVR installed and 3 of the 8 cameras failed to come up - so I guess it got them as well. Can any brand POE camera work with this NVR? The Lorex cameras are expensive $100+ each and I doubt they'll warrant the cameras as well. They are 4MP bullet cams.

Any suggestions?

Many Thanks!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Lorex is Rebranded Dahua, so Dahua will work. But for less headaches, stick with the Lorex cams.
There is no reason they shouldn't warrant the cams as well.
Too much info can be to your detriment. "I have three cams that are dead, can I get them replaced?" end of story.
Make sure everything is on a good Surge/UPS.

By the way, $100 for a good camera isn't "expensive". ;)

DupuyDog

n3wb
Reaction score
Lorex is Rebranded Dahua, so Dahua will work. But for less headaches, stick with the Lorex cams.
There is no reason they shouldn't warrant the cams as well.
Too much info can be to your detriment. "I have three cams that are dead, can I get them replaced?" end of story.
Make sure everything is on a good Surge/UPS.

By the way, $100 for a good camera isn't "expensive". ;)

Thanks for the quick reply! You're right $100 is not expensive..... but it hurts when you can get a NVR and 8 cams for < $700 . I'll give tech support another try.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@DupuyDog it's good news that Lorex was able to replace the NVR.

If you go the Dahua OEM camera route, do take a look at the notes from members here who have a Lorex NVR and are configuring Dahua OEM cameras to it, iirc a few simple changes are needed ( IP address, user/password ) to get the Dahua OEM cameras to work on a Lorex NVR.

DupuyDog

n3wb
Reaction score
@DupuyDog it's good news that Lorex was able to replace the NVR.

If you go the Dahua OEM camera route, do take a look at the notes from members here who have a Lorex NVR and are configuring Dahua OEM cameras to it, iirc a few simple changes are needed ( IP address, user/password ) to get the Dahua OEM cameras to work on a Lorex NVR.
Thanks for the tip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian_NY

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a Lorex NVR9082. It is an 8 channel, POE, capable of recording up to 8MP on all cameras. I have a few different cameras on the system. I have 3 Lorex LNB4421 4MP bullet cameras, 1 Dahua HDBW4631R-AS 6MP dome camera, 1 Dahua HDW5231R-Z Starlight 2MP dome camera and 1 Lorex LNB8973B 8MP bullet (over paid).

The Dahua's connected to my system right out of the box. BTW I have had nothing but issues with my Lorex 8MP camera. It is actually going back to Lorex today for warranty replacement.

Hope this helps.

DupuyDog

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a Lorex NVR9082. It is an 8 channel, POE, capable of recording up to 8MP on all cameras. I have a few different cameras on the system. I have 3 Lorex LNB4421 4MP bullet cameras, 1 Dahua HDBW4631R-AS 6MP dome camera, 1 Dahua HDW5231R-Z Starlight 2MP dome camera and 1 Lorex LNB8973B 8MP bullet (over paid).

The Dahua's connected to my system right out of the box. BTW I have had nothing but issues with my Lorex 8MP camera. It is actually going back to Lorex today for warranty replacement.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the info! I’ll try the warranty route first, if that fails, I’ll try the Dahau.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk