MJPG Stream stops for only one camera

happpyg

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 6 cameras configured in Blue Iris. 2 different models, all Hikvisions.

I use the BlueIris Web Server mjpg stream http://<blueirisIP>:7000/mjpg/<cameraname> to display a real time camera feed on an Android tablet displaying a sharptools dashboard on my fridge.

All cameras work fine except one where after anywhere between 1 day and about 1 week the one same camera will stop displaying the mjpg feed on the tablet display. Using the same mjpg URL above on any other device also fails so I know it isn't the tablet or sharptools.

The camera that stops working has been factory reset (it is a DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL), has the same firmware as others that do work, has been removed and re-added in BlueIris, has been renamed in BlueIris but I can't seem to find the cause. When the mjpg feed does stop working the camera itself is still showing fine in BlueIris, it is only the web server/mjpg feed that stops working and all other cameras mjpg streams are also working fine, they never fail.

Has anyone seen anything similar that might give me some hints to what might be happening?

Thanks!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I had a similar issue with feeding the BI webserver MJPG stream to OBS and to vMix so I could livestream a bluebird cam to YouTube; after a few hours the stream displayed on YT was frozen but the cams's RTSP displayed on BI's console was fine. I finally gave up and streamed directly from BI, cutting OBS and vMix out of the process.

What happens in "1 day to a week" when you stream the MJPG to VLC or a Chromium-based browser? Both of those will display my bluebird cam using

happpyg

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Tony, if I have the same stream open in a browser on my PC when it stops working in that 1 day to a week (today it did it in under 30 minutes) the video stream just freezes, then if you try to refresh the page it times out. Right click on the camera in BI -> Camera Settings -> don't make any changes and hit OK and the stream is available again as soon as you refresh the browser page.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks Tony, if I have the same stream open in a browser on my PC when it stops working in that 1 day to a week (today it did it in under 30 minutes) the video stream just freezes, then if you try to refresh the page it times out. Right click on the camera in BI -> Camera Settings -> don't make any changes and hit OK and the stream is available again as soon as you refresh the browser page.
Yep, pretty much the same here.

I can also hit my BI server using with my browser, restarting the cam and the stream will renew. I'm working with Windows Task Scheduler now to perform that task, just started late yesterday, not sure how it'll turn out.

Even though I'm streaming RTSP, not MJPG, from BI to YouTube, apparently YT will shut down the stream every 12 hours so I'm hoping a restart of the stream will also reset tha 12 hour counter at YT.

happpyg

n3wb
Reaction score
Yep, pretty much the same here.

I can also hit my BI server using with my browser, restarting the cam and the stream will renew. I'm working with Windows Task Scheduler now to perform that task, just started late yesterday, not sure how it'll turn out.

Even though I'm streaming RTSP, not MJPG, from BI to YouTube, apparently YT will shut down the stream every 12 hours so I'm hoping a restart of the stream will also reset tha 12 hour counter at YT.
Ahh, didn't know about the reset URL. I'll try that but might also try a support ticket with BI to see if I can find out what the cause is.

Thanks!