MMS picture quality difference

c-bolt

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I was wondering if anybody has run into the same issue I am having, or can at least put me in the right place to look. This never happened with BI4, only after my HD crashed and I upgraded to BI5. I am running the latest version, just updated today and tested.

Only one of my cameras sends a picture notification with enough quality to clearly see what is going on, they measure about 120kb or so with the quality setting at 25% and the scale set at 50%. My three other cameras with the same 25/50 picture settings are extremely blurry/pixelated and are about 8kb.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance.

Joe

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Are you using substreams? If so, in the trigger tab, there should be a drop down for high resolution image or something like that. It will then pull the image from the main stream, but it will be the image of the last iframe, or maybe it used the last frame from pre trigger buffer. I can't remember.

c-bolt

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Just to clarify some other info for those wondering. I am using the gmail mail server and texts to ATT. It is definately in the BI processing, as my "sent" photos are low quality in the other three cameras.

I am not using sub streams. I let the Lorex DVR save the recordings, and just use BI on my PC for monitoring and motion detection. I looked under the trigger tab and I might play around there and see If I can set the alert there instead. Attached are two pictures from my sent photos in gmail, and some screenshots of the alert and general screens for two of the cameras.

Attachments

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Also play with the photo quality setting. From your screen grab, it looks like you have it at only 25%. I have mine at 50%, and they are pretty clear. The higher you go, it's supposed to increase the delay of the email going through, but I find it's within a second or two when set to 50.

c-bolt

n3wb
Reaction score
I had to decrease it down to 25 to get the files down to about 150 kb or so. You can see the main drive picture is clear enough at that resolution, but the others default to even lower quality somewhere. I tried on the trigger tab with the high res box checked and set the alert that way with zero difference. Its still about 8kb and I cant read the time stamp in the upper corner. I have no idea why they are different, all the settings seem to be the same that I can think of.

joe

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I tried on the trigger tab with the high res box checked and set the alert that way with zero difference.
Strange that the file size stayed the same. You did click OK after you selected high resolution, right?

c-bolt

n3wb
Reaction score
Yep, sure did. Its kind of baffling.

So I selected [hi-res jpeg files] in the "add to alerts list" section of the Trigger tab where you suggested. I removed the "immediate actions" I had setup and went back to the alert tab notifications I had originally setup (if that makes any sense...lol). This seems to have fixed the problem, so I am now actually getting decent text pictures on all the channels instead of the one. I didn't have that selection on the original front drive cam, but somehow it fixed the other three.

So, THANK YOU... you got me headed the right direction and the fix worked!!!!

Now I can actually see the date/time stamp on the text photos, now if ATT would at least deliver them in a timely manner...but that isn't a BI problem.

Joe