mobile notifications suddenly stopped working

digity

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My phones (Samsung S22 Ultra and OnePlus 6T) suddenly stopped getting mobile notifications when motion is detected on my cameras (pop-up and sound). Here's the troubleshooting steps I've tried so far with no luck:

1. Removed and reinstalled the Blue Iris Android app (3.0.36)
  2. Removed and re-added the phone in Blue Iris 5 desktop console app under Settings -> Mobile devices
  3. Verified a push notification action is configured under Camera settings -> Trigger -> Immediate actions
  4. Verified a push notification action is configured under Camera settings -> Alerts -> On alert
  5. Verified Blue Iris Android app has notifications enabled and battery setting is unrestricted

The sudden stop is only occurring on my Android phones - mobile notifications is still going through on my wife's iPhone.

How do I troubleshoot further to get mobile notifications working again on my phones?

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My phones (Samsung S22 Ultra and OnePlus 6T) suddenly stopped getting mobile notifications when motion is detected on my cameras (pop-up and sound). Here's the troubleshooting steps I've tried so far with no luck:

1. Removed and reinstalled the Blue Iris Android app (3.0.36)
  2. Removed and re-added the phone in Blue Iris 5 desktop console app under Settings -> Mobile devices
  3. Verified a push notification action is configured under Camera settings -> Trigger -> Immediate actions
  4. Verified a push notification action is configured under Camera settings -> Alerts -> On alert
  5. Verified Blue Iris Android app has notifications enabled and battery setting is unrestricted

The sudden stop is only occurring on my Android phones - mobile notifications is still going through on my wife's iPhone.

How do I troubleshoot further to get mobile notifications working again on my phones?
Did you ever get this working? I have a couple friends with Samsung phones. They get alerts but no audio alert.

Geewiz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Are you on T-Mobile by any chance? If so, it looks to me that they are blocking this sort of activity