Mobile playback slow and laggy on ivms4500 HD mobile app

muise

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

I have a 7608N with 2 hikvision cameras (one dome one bullet). Everthing is working fine on the home network in terms of viewing and playback. On the mobile the live stream works fine (and is clearly on a reduced resolution) but when I try to playback footage it takes 4 or 5 seconds to play 1 second of footage. Can anyone help me by telling me what setting I need to change and where to find it so that the playback works (I don't mind it being lower quality on the mobile as long as the quality on the home networks stays high)

Many thanks

johngalt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I use this app for live view but haven't figured out how to get the remote playback working. I'm guessing is would be a total resource hog in general. Are you using the HikVision server software to record somewhere? PC or NVR?

muise

n3wb
Reaction score
I am using hikvision 7608n NVR. Playback works it's just too slow which I am assuming is a bandwidth issue as I guess it is trying to play in high resolution which is totally unnecessary on the mobile phone...

ADCS

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It is probably a bandwidth issue. Have you tried multiple networks?

Playback using my home WiFi or LTE works flawless on my phone. If I try it using the WiFi at work it is usually laggy unless it is early in the morning. This is on a Nexus 5 and 3MP streams.