Momma moose and new edition

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Nothing more dangerous than a mother and calf moose. She will chase you down if your too close even by accident. I have a off road golf cart that is very quiet and the beasts I come across that don't hear me coming is nerve racking at times. Don't give a shit about bears, wolves a bit scary and I am always looking for the others, cougars well they usually run but, a moose are just plain angry.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, I had a friend whose wife was almost killed by a mother moose.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I have been chased by a moose while fly fishing in Montana. I think he just thought I was in his territory. He won and I moved on.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Angry moose = north america's proverbial 800 pound gorilla.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That would be a cool fight but, I bet the gorilla would just rip a leg off pretty fast. When I lived in the Rockies saw a few moose in mornings hit by cars going to work and they just shut down when a leg is broken and sit there. What a topic, all I can say is from that video its funny that if that was a cougar or wolf people would freak out and call police but, when its a mother and calf they will just say o so cute ??

forgot to add that moose taste awesome !

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That would be a cool fight but, I bet the gorilla would just rip a leg off pretty fast...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_gorilla#Aggression

Although strong and powerful, the mountain gorillas are generally gentle and very shy.[SUP][23][/SUP]Severe aggression is rare in stable groups, but when two mountain gorilla groups meet, the two silverbacks can sometimes engage in a fight to the death, using their canines to cause deep, gaping injuries.[SUP][20][/SUP] For this reason, conflicts are most often resolved by displays and other threat behaviors that are intended to intimidate without becoming physical. The ritualized charge display is unique to gorillas. The entire sequence has nine steps: (1) progressively quickening hooting, (2) symbolic feeding, (3) rising bipedally, (4) throwing vegetation, (5) chest-beating with cupped hands, (6) one leg kick, (7) sideways running four-legged, (8) slapping and tearing vegetation, and (9) thumping the ground with palms .[SUP][28][/SUP] Jill Donisthorpe stated that a male charged at her twice. In both cases the gorilla turned away, when she stood her ground.[SUP][29[/SUP]

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Your right those gorilla's are pussies. When that silver back was attacked by that kid last week in that cage match at the zoo he didn't defend himself.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Your right those gorilla's are pussies. When that silver back was attacked by that kid last week in that cage match at the zoo he didn't defend himself.
Your right. Billions of kids in the world, but only 900 mountain gorillas. Next time shoot the kid and save the gorilla.