Money & Economics

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
"Biden claims the economy is booming but noted that "much of it comes from government spending and employment," adding that the government share of GDP is 42%—including federal, state, and local spending."
"This outrageous share is similar to what it was in the Soviet Union in the late 1980s—before the collapse."

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Zeihan is a Keynesian

Keynesian economics is the scourge of my profession. Peter Zeihan, someone I respect, is doing economic analyses through the lens of Lord John Maynard Keynes. I hope to bring awareness to his economic comments and perhaps send him on a course correction.

1710119630980.png

update: also worth checking him out on marx ..

Last edited:
Reaction score
Another one--- big banks colluding with government agencies and handing over information about bank clients and what they buy, who they donate money to, etc. etc. etc.... as the government builds criminal cases against people they simply don't like. How in the Fuck is this not on every damn news channel and media outlet everywhere in this country? (Probably because the feds told the media not to run the goddam story-- and they're more than happy to oblige).
It really feels like We are fucked.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
"Biden claims the economy is booming but noted that "much of it comes from government spending and employment," adding that the government share of GDP is 42%—including federal, state, and local spending."
"This outrageous share is similar to what it was in the Soviet Union in the late 1980s—before the collapse."

We are our own biggest customer...wow

Reaction score
Newest tax data....

There are two big things to learn here.
1. The RICH actually DO "pay their fair share", as the 1% pay almost 46% of ALL INCOME TAXES PAID.
2. The Trump Tax Break for the Rich" apparently Failed Bigly.... as the share of all taxes paid by the 1% has gone UP from 2017 when they paid

Here is the 2021 data (Trump budget/tax code in place:
1710603388718.png

Here is the 2017 data (Obama budget in place):

1710603540306.png

Bottom line:
TRUMP TAXED THE WEALTHY MORE THAN OBAMA.

Reaction score
View attachment 190393
"...It's very difficult to detain someone because we don't want to have an altercation..."
THIS ATTITUDE is what is wrong with retail in that kind of environment. They should be going out of their way to broadcast that they WILL use all force needed to detain shoplifters, then let the idiots play FAFO. Guess what will happen-- the idiot THIEVES will quit going there, and honest customers will flock to the place because it represents Safety.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
View attachment 190393

"...It's very difficult to detain someone because we don't want to have an altercation..."
THIS ATTITUDE is what is wrong with retail in that kind of environment. They should be going out of their way to broadcast that they WILL use all force needed to detain shoplifters, then let the idiots play FAFO. Guess what will happen-- the idiot THIEVES will quit going there, and honest customers will flock to the place because it represents Safety.
Something tells me it is a bottom line thing. We see the crimes and think it is cutting into their profit. They just raise the prices to make up for the losses. Don't know the percentage of loss but the risk of them being sued or bad publicity I think out weighs the loss. Plus they are Insured up to a certain point.

Reminds me of the passenger United Airlines dealt with that refused to give up his seat and the airport police drug him off the plane. The Truth that never made MSM was the guy had already exited the plane and excepted to be paid to give up his seat. He ran back on the plane and that is when the chaos ensued. Ask anyone who worked for United, they all know the Truth, but it was better for United to admit fault. Their shares fell, flights were being canceled.

What makes me mad about these laxed laws is they are teaching our youth that is it ok to steal up to $900, I think in California right? Notice how companies are firing anyone who tries to stop a thief.

Reaction score
Something tells me it is a bottom line thing. We see the crimes and think it is cutting into their profit. They just raise the prices to make up for the losses. Don't know the percentage of loss but the risk of them being sued or bad publicity I think out weighs the loss. Plus they are Insured up to a certain point.

Reminds me of the passenger United Airlines dealt with that refused to give up his seat and the airport police drug him off the plane. The Truth that never made MSM was the guy had already exited the plane and excepted to be paid to give up his seat. He ran back on the plane and that is when the chaos ensued. Ask anyone who worked for United, they all know the Truth, but it was better for United to admit fault. Their shares fell, flights were being canceled.

What makes me mad about these laxed laws is they are teaching our youth that is it ok to steal up to $900, I think in California right? Notice how companies are firing anyone who tries to stop a thief.
It's kinda weird how bars still have bouncers... Retail needs to take that mindset if they are doing business in these kinds of locations-- big goddam bouncers at the doors. I do agree with what you stated-- but I think it is a horribly misguided policy and that they have a net LOSS due to theft that they ultimately encourage via shitty fearful policy. Closing stores cannot be a good profit enhancing move.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's kinda weird how bars still have bouncers... Retail needs to take that mindset if they are doing business in these kinds of locations-- big goddam bouncers at the doors. I do agree with what you stated-- but I think it is a horribly misguided policy and that they have a net LOSS due to theft that they ultimately encourage. Closing stores cannot be a good profit enhancing move.
Yep agree. Though Bouncers are used to keep customers from beating up on each other :smash: instead of theft.

SIR VEYOR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Another one--- big banks colluding with government agencies and handing over information about bank clients and what they buy, who they donate money to, etc. etc. etc.... as the government builds criminal cases against people they simply don't like. How in the Fuck is this not on every damn news channel and media outlet everywhere in this country? (Probably because the feds told the media not to run the goddam story-- and they're more than happy to oblige).
It really feels like We are fucked.
It’s already had a test drive in Canada. You forgot the freezing of bank accounts based off a government supplied list of names.

Ruled illegal after fact, but damage done.