More Animated Weather Radar Loops as a Blue Iris camera

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Doesn't anyone happen to know of a way to get a 3, 5, 7, or 10 forecast to work like the the radar map. I see I can set the refresh to as low as ever 2 mins. I would love to have a 3 or 5 day forecast on the screen as well as the radar.
Check your local TV station websites, one of them may use an image with the same name all the time, they just update that image once a day... I tried manually changing the max rate to 60 minutes, but it set it back to 1.0, so 2 mins is the max.

For example:
Code:
Address: https://mediaweb.wsoctv.com/weather/5day.jpg
Model:    JPEG/GIF/etc.

Last edited:

n2qew

n3wb
Reaction score
Here's something to REALLY see what the weather is doing...

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Check your local TV station websites, one of them may use an image with the same name all the time, they just update that image once a day... I tried manually changing the max rate to 60 minutes, but it set it back to 1.0, so 2 mins is the max.

For example:
Code:
Address: https://mediaweb.wsoctv.com/weather/5day.jpg
Model:    JPEG/GIF/etc.
Thank you so much got the one for bay area ca..

1591916061025.png

I did change the Max rate to 1 fps.. since it was getting DC message in between.. And also set the recording only when triggered.. are you guys using this just for info only ?

Looks pretty cool :D

1591916131648.png

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thank you so much got the one for bay area ca..

I did change the Max rate to 1 fps.. since it was getting DC message in between.. And also set the recording only when triggered.. are you guys using this just for info only ?

Looks pretty cool :D
Glad you found one. I use it for information. I use Home Assistant and have a "cam"group that displays certain cams from BI in a corner of my computer as I work, which includes the forecast and weather radar.

Some overlay a radar on a cam, I just have a radar "cam" instead, try:

1591922216133.png1591922861396.png1591922940096.png

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Thank you concord.. that radar is also pretty nice :D I like it.. Gotta find ABC7 Weather for SF.. Will look for it next I will be keeping this for info only now :D Like it :D Thank you !

1591924334677.png

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Nice ! One thing I would love its get flightradar as a feed :D that way it shows me whats flying around me... :)
I used to have a RaspberryPi with an SDR and antenna, along with flightaware software. Basically you are sharing information with Flightaware on the planes flying locally. It contained a local web server that you could monitor.

Check out:

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
I used to have a RaspberryPi with an SDR and antenna, along with flightaware software. Basically you are sharing information with Flightaware on the planes flying locally. It contained a local web server that you could monitor.

Check out:

That pretty cool. This will get me Enterprise level account if I do this.. I might will do this for sure just to get the enterprise level account :D Thank You for sharing it :D

Reaction score
Australian Radar animated gifs example (Melbourne)
1.Navigate to the desired state table. Radar Images
View attachment 34181
2.Find the Australian Radar site (location) you want to use.
View attachment 34182
3.Click the desired radar view. Note the IDR number in the url.
View attachment 34183

4. Use the following setting in Camera Configuration:
View attachment 34184
5.Set the max rate (fps) in Video settings.
View attachment 34185

Depending on the radar site the amount of data used ranges from ~35 to ~70kbs
38 Kilobytes Per Second (kB/s) = 3.28 Gigabytes Per Day (GB/d)

Kilobytes Per Second to Gigabytes Per Day | Kyle's Converter

enjoy.
I've set this up using IDR273 for the Woomra radar but it comes up with one from the east coast. any idea where I might be going wrong?