More camera questions

mckevin

n3wb
Reaction score
Man, the learning curve is steeper than I ever would have imagined.

Looking for a PTZ for indoor retail environment. Would prefer a dome to make it somewhat less obvious when I'm moving it around. Starlight, as it will pull night duty as well (max 60 feet with some security lights present, so low light but not none), and audio output from the cam. Looking more for recognition than legally binding positive ID.
Will be on a BI machine.
Andy has recommended the IPC-HDBW5231R-Z and I THINK this is PTZ, and I THINK that the audio output means I can simply plug a generic mic in for audio (one way from the cam is fine) but not confident enough to jump in with my bosses money, lol.
Will this cam do what I'm after?

Aliexpress.com : Buy DAHUA 2.7mm ~12mm motorized lens 2MP WDR IR Eyeball Network Camera IPC HDBW5231R Z ,free DHL shipping from Reliable network camera suppliers on Empire Technology Co., Ltd

mckevin

n3wb
Reaction score
Cool, not to sound dense (yeah, too late), but would there be a built in mic or will I need something else for audio?

Thanks!

gregbert

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Cool, not to sound dense (yeah, too late), but would there be a built in mic or will I need something else for audio?

Thanks!
Go here to see the various Dahua models (vari-focal 2MP ones specifically). Click on various camera models, such asIPC-HDBW5231E-Z and then click on the download tab and look at the Datasheet for each. The entry for "Audio Interface" indicates if it supports external audio (channel in/out), has a built-in mic, or doesn't support it at all.