More dash cam action - likely distracted driver... or asleep at the wheel?

Raylo32

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This just happened about an hour ago. I was merging on Rte 15 south from Rte 26 in Frederick MD and this Acura SUV just lost control, went off the road, took out a road sign and then nosed into the guardrail in the median. Totally on his own, unencumbered and unmolested by traffic. Pretty sad. Luckily I was never really in harms way since this was ahead of me and I had room on the right to bail if needed.

redpoint5

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Nice bed cover!

Too bad about that accident. Seemed very recoverable too had there been less agressive steering to get back on the road. Didn't see brake lights, which was the right move for recovering control, just didn't work out.

Raylo32

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Bed cover is a Pace Edwards Jackrabbit retractable. Works great. A big trunk when you need it.... or a truck bed when you need it. :)

I almost thought he was going to be able to recover it but then there was that sign. Game over.

Nice bed cover!

Too bad about that accident. Seemed very recoverable too had there been less agressive steering to get back on the road. Didn't see brake lights, which was the right move for recovering control, just didn't work out.

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
I second the texting suggestion. I see people going off the road all the time while texting, facebooking or what ever they are doing that can't seem to wait another 10 minutes until they get to where they were going. I would be happy to go back to a flip phone, before the days of texting.

redpoint5

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I knew girls back in the flip phone days that could write a text behind their back with their phone and send it.

...if speech recognition weren't so terrible I'd use it more often. The other problem is I'm not good at speaking without stuttering or pausing to think of the right word. The reason I prefer typing is it forces me to organize my thoughts clearly, and I've got all the time in the world to do so.