More Day/Night Profile Confusion

Reaction score
I'm trying to tweak my day/night settings on the 5442 (running the latest firmware). My goal ultimately is for the camera to switch to the "Day" profile during the day, and the "Night" profile during the night. I also want WDR to be enabled in the night-time, but not in the day-time (for picture quality).

Under Conditions -> Profile Management, I have selected "Day/Night"

I thought that I could then go to Conditions and select the "Profile" drop-down to modify the settings (like Backlight, WB, etc) for the selected profile, but this doesn't appear to be the case. For example, if I have the "Night" profile selected, and enable WDR, it enables WDR in the day-time.

What am I missing?

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you using the old Windows Explorer web browser to do this? Many CCTV cameras (including Dahua) are very sensitive to the browser being used and many do not work 100% properly with anything other than the old Windows Explorer browser. Since you are having problems, then make sure you are using Windows Explorer and I think it will fix your issue.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Are you using the old Windows Explorer web browser to do this? Many CCTV cameras (including Dahua) are very sensitive to the browser being used and many do not work properly with anything other than the old Windows Explorer browser. Since you are having problems, then make sure you are using Windows Explorer and I think it will fix your issue.
Nope, I'm using Chrome. I will try IE. Thanks!

Alaska Country

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Or as a fallback, Edge using Internet Explore mode if you do not have access to IE 11.

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm trying to tweak my day/night settings on the 5442 (running the latest firmware). My goal ultimately is for the camera to switch to the "Day" profile during the day, and the "Night" profile during the night. I also want WDR to be enabled in the night-time, but not in the day-time (for picture quality).

Under Conditions -> Profile Management, I have selected "Day/Night"

I thought that I could then go to Conditions and select the "Profile" drop-down to modify the settings (like Backlight, WB, etc) for the selected profile, but this doesn't appear to be the case. For example, if I have the "Night" profile selected, and enable WDR, it enables WDR in the day-time.

What am I missing?
I have my 5442's set up to do exactly this and it is working fine. Set your profile back to full time and click save. Make each of the changes in the day profile, clicking save after each one, and then do the same in your night profile. After that return the schedule to day/night and see how you go. That's how I did it.