More issues with Hikvision DS-KD8003-IME

jlikonen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

I have finally managed to install one of my Hikvision DS-KD8003-IME1 door stations with a keypad and card reader. I have issued several RFID cards and opening of the electric lock works.

I’m struggling now with recording videos and capturing pictures. I’m using iVMS4200 v.3.2.0.10. I used earlier v3.1 and the new version fixed some bugs and added new functionalities. I have updated the firmware on the door and sub units to the latest version.

My first question is that is Hikvision Storage Server required in order to store the recorded videos and pictures on my PC running iVMS?

I’m now reading the iVMS manual (ch. 7) and trying to do remote storage configuration. One problem is that I can setup recording schedule but for some reason capture schedule is inactive so I can't enable capture storage.

I have installed the storage server and “formatted” the HDD and followed the instructions on ch. 7.2.4. I have selected the iVMS storage server under STorage on Storage Server. I have ticked the storage on PC. I have selected Event recording as a template for recording but I can’t select the template for capture as this feature is inactive.

I have made tests to trigger an alarm event but there is no video created or picture captured (except for unlocking event). One thing which I have noticed is that under Event configuration module when I try to setup a video event, there are only two event types (Invalid Card Swiped event and Video Intercom Unlocking) but no option for Motion Event. However, when looking at Event center I can see all the events but no videos or pictures.

I have to say that the hardware is really cool but I’m getting somewhat frustrated with iVMS. Any ideas what I’m missing?

jlikonen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have now been testing Blue Iris 5 and it seems to be working. I have now tried motion triggering and it records both videos and captures jpeg pictures. BI seems to be much easier to use than iVMS4200 so I may abandon iVMS.

freisinger

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I have finally managed to install one of my Hikvision DS-KD8003-IME1 door stations with a keypad and card reader. I have issued several RFID cards and opening of the electric lock works.

I’m struggling now with recording videos and capturing pictures. I’m using iVMS4200 v.3.2.0.10. I used earlier v3.1 and the new version fixed some bugs and added new functionalities. I have updated the firmware on the door and sub units to the latest version.

Hi jilikonen,

I'm frustrated with my 8003 and card reader KD-M. I also have a security unit. My configuration works fine but not the card reader. I can read the card in the tap for person.
The AccessControl config was applied to all devices. When I use the card I get the error event "Invalid Card Swiped Event" with Status "Unacknowledged"
How did you configurate your intercom?

Hope you have a solution.
freisinger

jlikonen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi jilikonen,

I'm frustrated with my 8003 and card reader KD-M. I also have a security unit. My configuration works fine but not the card reader. I can read the card in the tap for person.
The AccessControl config was applied to all devices. When I use the card I get the error event "Invalid Card Swiped Event" with Status "Unacknowledged"
How did you configurate your intercom?

Hope you have a solution.
freisinger
Are you sure that when you added a new card iVMS recognised it properly? You can add a new card when you click on persons name (see attached screen copy). When you click on the big "+" sign under the card numbers you can add a new card.
Capture.JPG

Attachments

freisinger

n3wb
Reaction score
My person record looks like yours. I added the card by clicking the big + sign and swipe the new card over the card reader. A tone is appearing and the card number displays in iVMS. So, I mean the record is ok.
After applying the changes to all devices I get a ok that the changes has no errors.
When I try to open the door by using the card I get the error in the iVMS "Invalid Card Swiped Event" with Status "Unacknowledged".
Beside the card reader I also have a Hikvision Security Unit DS-K2M060. This works perfect using the doorbutton. The DIP switch for the Sec Unit is set to 1=On, doorbutton extender (6 buttons) to 3=On and card reader to 2=On.

dcauson

n3wb
Reaction score
My person record looks like yours. I added the card by clicking the big + sign and swipe the new card over the card reader. A tone is appearing and the card number displays in iVMS. So, I mean the record is ok.
After applying the changes to all devices I get a ok that the changes has no errors.
When I try to open the door by using the card I get the error in the iVMS "Invalid Card Swiped Event" with Status "Unacknowledged".
Beside the card reader I also have a Hikvision Security Unit DS-K2M060. This works perfect using the doorbutton. The DIP switch for the Sec Unit is set to 1=On, doorbutton extender (6 buttons) to 3=On and card reader to 2=On.
Did you ever find a solution? I am having the same problem. Following the web tutorials to the letter and getting Invalid Card Swiped Error.

freisinger

n3wb
Reaction score
Servus, ups, long time I had this problem. The card is the mastercard and can not you for personal use. This card is used to programming cards or tags directly at the card reader and without software. I bought some tags for progamming.
Hope this helps

ivano

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all, I have the same issue about "invalid card swiped event" on my hikvision home doorstation. i follow procedure and with card available on the device packaging and using NFC mobile phone I am able to read the cards but once i try they are not working. seems not the issue of master card or not since also mobile phone behave in the same way. looks like ad additional association to the door station need to be done somehow. user manuals not mention such issue. some of you solve the issue finally?

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No, NFC on mobile phone doesnt work, the NFC always sends a different tag value...
you need to user a real tag or card

Gee1981

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all, I have the same issue about "invalid card swiped event" on my hikvision home doorstation. i follow procedure and with card available on the device packaging and using NFC mobile phone I am able to read the cards but once i try they are not working. seems not the issue of master card or not since also mobile phone behave in the same way. looks like ad additional association to the door station need to be done somehow. user manuals not mention such issue. some of you solve the issue finally?
I solved the issue. If door unit time is not syncronised (by default it starts with 1970) when you set the access and ivs set it from the current date the door unit not let you in because it not reached that date. Set up the nts time sync and start a batch time sync in the ivs tools menu to solve the issue.