More Samsung IP cameras

Bjthomas09

n3wb
Reaction score
I’ll take one of the 8080 and 1 of the 6080. Not sure which 6080 to go with though. Do you happen to know the difference between 6080v and 6080rv, I have been combing over the spec sheets and nothing has jumped out as significantly different.

Any idea how much shipping will be so I can include that when I send the money.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I believe the "R" indicates IR LEDs. No "R" = no IR built-in, but according to the specs the cams still have IR-cut filters so they could be used with external IR illumination.

Bjthomas09

n3wb
Reaction score
200 each for 6080’s and 300 for 8080.
If anyone else is
I believe the "R" indicates IR LEDs. No "R" = no IR built-in, but according to the specs the cams still have IR-cut filters so they could be used with external IR illumination.
Thanks Not sure how I missed that.

If anyone else see this post these are awesome cams and are a just as good or better I already bought one 8080 and like it so much I now have another 8080 plus 6080 on the way. Superb picture quality and the auto tracking works great, also very easy to use interface. I also own hikvision and dahua cams at this price point and this is probably my favorite other than it being done style which is not my personal preference but couldn’t pass up at this price point.

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
What does auto tracking do on a fixed position cam like these? Or are they actually PTZs, just poorly advertised?

Bjthomas09

n3wb
Reaction score
What does auto tracking do on a fixed position cam like these? Or are they actually PTZs, just poorly advertised?
Not sure of the specifics in this cam but in general it’s prob taking
Unfortunately they are not PTZ's, the auto tracking is using a combination of the optical zoom and digital tracking to get a tight zoomed in shot of a subject within the cameras field of view. Here is a good example of it in action -

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Very kool! Didn’t even know they did that

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure of the specifics in this cam but in general it’s prob taking

Unfortunately they are not PTZ's, the auto tracking is using a combination of the optical zoom and digital tracking to get a tight zoomed in shot of a subject within the cameras field of view. Here is a good example of it in action -
Note the auto tracking is digital only, therefore, unless you are using it for live monitoring and/or the camera has the ability to record the full frame, you may miss crucial video that is now outside the frame.

Bjthomas09

n3wb
Reaction score
Note the auto tracking is digital only, therefore, unless you are using it for live monitoring and/or the camera has the ability to record the full frame, you may miss crucial video that is now outside the frame.
Agreed there are trade offs to using it. It’s used in combination with two other fixed focus cameras covering the area. It does work surprisingly well even with multiple subjects in the cameras view. Wasn’t aware it was digital only thanks for clarifying.

Bjthomas09

n3wb
Reaction score
Agreed there are trade offs to using it. It’s used in combination with two other fixed focus cameras covering the area. It does work surprisingly well even with multiple subjects in the cameras view. Wasn’t aware it was digital only thanks for clarifying.

What’s nice is you can set the function for live viewing using one of the cameras streamS and then another stream to your NVR.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
doesnt these have motorized lenses? If so, then it’s not only digital zoom. I have to check though, I could be mistaken

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
doesnt these have motorized lenses? If so, then it’s not only digital zoom. I have to check though, I could be mistaken
they are motorized lenses but the zoom the camera does while aluto tracking is all digital. Not only are varificals slow to zoom and focus, there is a limited area where they would be able to zoom in because the camera cannot rotate on there other axis.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It cant track two objects in different directions. If you are not actively watching it, there is no benefit because you can digitally zoom in after the fact.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
When digital zoom is done before H.264 compression, it actually does yield slightly better quality than digitally zooming after the compression. Although in this case I suspect the benefit would be negated by all the active panning and zooming (which would consume a lot of the bit rate).

Bjthomas09

n3wb
Reaction score
It cant track two objects in different directions. If you are not actively watching it, there is no benefit because you can digitally zoom in after the fact.
When digital zoom is done before H.264 compression, it actually does yield slightly better quality than digitally zooming after the compression. Although in this case I suspect the benefit would be negated by all the active panning and zooming (which would consume a lot of the bit rate).
I suspect that's why I thought it was optical + digital zoom because its really does stay sharp when zooming in compared to typical digital zoom. I hope to post some example pics and video, once I get it permanently installed and adjusted.