Motion detection and alert clip storage

Sparkey

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Up until recently I have never gotten motion detect events to register properly. Best I could ever get was 50% or slightly more motion events to record. I played around with every setting I could find to no avail. My most recent camera, a Dahua SD4A425DB-HNY was by far the worst. I was lucky if I got 5 events recorded in a day, very frustrating.
I recently moved my clip storage to a network drive for a totally unrelated reason and holy moly what a profound difference it made. I am now recording 100% of motion events, even a squirrel running across the yard gets recorded.

I have no idea why this is so but thought I'd post this in case it might help others. I moved the clip storage about 2 weeks ago and it's been flawless ever since.

This is just from the last 15 minutes or so. And BTW, I made no changes to BI at all.

Screenshot from 2023-11-28 14-44-05.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep sounds like the previous drive or recording location was not able to keep up.

Sparkey

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sorry for the belated reply, I haven't been getting notifications from this thread.

Previously I was recording to a 1.92TB SATA SSD in the blue Iris server. Nothing wrong with the drive, it's been repurposed and I haven't had any problems with it. The current drive is also serving as the boot drive. It's a Samsung 870 EVO 2TB. Alert captures continue to be outstanding. Dunno what caused it but I happy it did. I just changed recording to continuous and will be monitoring it for any changes.