Motion Detection Area Boxes (Incorrectly Calibrated)

Iceman24

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've been facing this issue with any Dahua camera I've ever used, which is several in total. When I click on a certain box, it selects one about 1 down, 1 left of it, but sometimes more than that. It's very inconsistent and maddening. This is with Chrome plugin. I thought that maybe I tried with Internet Explorer and it worked okay, but not my IE will no longer stream the video no matter what I do to security settings or anything else I've read. Anyone have any insight to this? It's maddening to say the least to not be able to setup motion detection without it being incredibly difficult and not even entire possible.

K175un3

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello Iceman24, may I ask if you're using Windows 10?

I had to disable all security settings in IE with Windows 10, just so that I could connect to my cameras through the NVR.

It may also even be an issue with other security software installed as well, as it could also be blocking things from working.

Hopefully you'll get it sussed out eventually, take care.

Iceman24

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello Iceman24, may I ask if you're using Windows 10?

I had to disable all security settings in IE with Windows 10, just so that I could connect to my cameras through the NVR.

It may also even be an issue with other security software installed as well, as it could also be blocking things from working.

Hopefully you'll get it sussed out eventually, take care.
Windows 10, yes. It has worked previously, but not anymore. I did make it trusted site and set those settings to low. I can go drop every setting.

Only Windows Defender.

adamg

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
How about settings your Windows Display Scaling to 100%?

K175un3

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Don't forget that with Windows 10 you get forced updates, and I've noticed that every time it updates some component or components end up getting broken.

You could try a sfc /scannow with command prompt Iceman24, it'll take a fair while to run and there's no guarantee that it'll fix things.

You can also download the Windows Media Creator and make an installer, for a reinstall if necessary or the future.

And Comodo Internet Security Free will be much more useful than the Microsoft security software, honestly anything is better than that. But I've been using Comodo for a while and it's not bad at all, I really like the firewall that when configured right will tell you exactly what wants to connect to the internet and will allow you to either block or allow it.

Iceman24

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks. What solved it was combo of switching to Easy Viewer Chrome app and 100% scaling. NACL one didn't work at any scaling level and was different at each. Easy Viewer worked only at 100%.