Motion detection for already recorded video?

rj81

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I have about 10 hours of video that I need to scan for motion, but it wasn't recorded with any motion detection software. Are there any programs that can still scan the video for motion after it's recorded, so I don't have to watch 10 hours of video?

john897

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I have about 10 hours of video that I need to scan for motion, but it wasn't recorded with any motion detection software. Are there any programs that can still scan the video for motion after it's recorded, so I don't have to watch 10 hours of video?
I have this same problem. I have days of continuous footage from Blue Iris, but the alerts were set wrong for what I'm not looking for. I'm usually looking for a burglar, but now I'm looking for a missing cat that may have walked across my lawn. I've tried "Test run video through motion detector" but this doesn't create new alerts. I spend a lot of time zipping through video at 64x speed. Is there a way to run the footage through Blue Iris again, change the Trigger configs, and get new alerts/events?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have this same problem. I have days of continuous footage from Blue Iris, but the alerts were set wrong for what I'm not looking for. I'm usually looking for a burglar, but now I'm looking for a missing cat that may have walked across my lawn. I've tried "Test run video through motion detector" but this doesn't create new alerts. I spend a lot of time zipping through video at 64x speed. Is there a way to run the footage through Blue Iris again, change the Trigger configs, and get new alerts/events?
I'm sorry I cannot help you, but you might get a better and/or more rapid response by deleting this post (copy first) and re-posting (paste into new thread) in the Blue Iris Forum.