Motion Detection help

rowdyplace

n3wb
Reaction score
Motion Detection:

Maybe I am looking for too much.
I want to set BI to record the few seconds of video that occured just before the triggered event. Initial BI install seems to start recording the clip a few seconds after the first motion occurs which results in missing the initial video which is often the majority of the clip.

I have set:
Camera Properties
Record
Options
Pre-trigger video buffer = 4.0 (I tried 2, 3, and 4, but could not seem to get the initial video.)
What am I missing?
I own a full licensed copy (4.7.2.2 x64) running on an i5 w/8 gigs ram with clean install of Win7 attached to 2

ipc's.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Motion Detection:

Maybe I am looking for too much.
I want to set BI to record the few seconds of video that occured just before the triggered event. Initial BI

install seems to start recording the clip a few seconds after the first motion occurs which results in missing the

initial video which is often the majority of the clip.

I have set:
Camera Properties
Record
Options
Pre-trigger video buffer = 4.0 (I tried 2, 3, and 4, but could not seem to get the initial video.)
What am I missing?
I own a full licensed copy (4.7.2.2 x64) running on an i5 w/8 gigs ram with clean install of Win7 attached to 2

ipc's.
you need to match the iframe interval to the fps (both in the cameras own web interface) ...direct to disk only begins recording on a new iframe...also your sensitivity may be set too low...

rowdyplace

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you!
Sensitivity settings I located. I'll play with this (these).
But, "match the iframe interval to the fps" is beyond me. Please point me to somewhere to read about this...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you!
Sensitivity settings I located. I'll play with this (these).
But, "match the iframe interval to the fps" is beyond me. Please point me to somewhere to read about this...
its in your camera settings - you need to login to your camera interface not blue iris.

rowdyplace

n3wb
Reaction score
Wow, spot on! You are amazingly fast and helpful!
I found the two settings in the camera - see attached. Which one should I change? What is the best setting?

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, spot on! You are amazingly fast and helpful!
I found the two settings in the camera - see attached. Which one should I change? What is the best setting?
set the iframe interval to 15.

rowdyplace

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks!!
Done. The second camera had settings of 25 and iframe of 50. I set this iframe to 25 to match.
Now to wait for some real life triggers.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks!!
Done. The second camera had settings of 25 and iframe of 50. I set this iframe to 25 to match.
Now to wait for some real life triggers.
post your motion detection settings as well