Motion detection is not triggering video recording

gotqn

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi and sorry for the lame question but I am not able to make this work.

Hardware:
  • NVR model: NVR2104HS-I
  • IP cameras model: Dahua IPC-HDW1230S-0280B-S5
Settings:

1686985399062.png

1686985498147.png

What I was not able to check from here is the motion area. Also I believe there is no issue with the SSD as I was able to find one record video when I did the initial setup and changed one of the camera's viewing angle.

Could you advice something else I can check?

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You are doing the motion detection with the cam? (looks like it to me, but have not seen an NVR with own Intelligence.)

Can you access the camera directly via IE11? If so, you may be able to watch motion detection analysis life (if your model supports this) and see why it doesn't work.

You could also check the camera logs if there is any motion detection logged. Because if there isn't, then that is likely your problem. If there is, then you could check why it isn't recorded.

gotqn

n3wb
Reaction score
The log seems empty:

1687007740313.png

I am not sure with the following settings since it' both FTP on both:

1687007989115.png

but on the FTP tab I have:

1687008014820.png

Is this FTP the something external to my network or it should be the NVR storage (SSD) and I need to explicit configure it somehow?

Last edited:

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I can't help you with your server problem.

That log requires a search AND a time frame in which you expect detection to have happened. Your log doesn't even show you your login. So it not really your log. It might need an SDcard, I don't know.

If you want to check if the cam detects, you could insert an SDcard and record there. Then you see if the camera detection works.

Of course, you may just want to settle the FTP issue first. Then just record a little bit on default recording to verify that recording works. Once it works, return to the initial problem.

gotqn

n3wb
Reaction score
The FTP is what I initially believe - it's a way to record the data in external server. My issue was that I was using the "copy current configuration to all" when I have setup the camera settings. So, for each of my cameras I have set up the Record Channel to be the same. As a result I was not able to find videos for the camera I have tested it. The issue is mention in this article like following:

Why is only one camera recording motion?
If you are only getting motion detection on one of your cameras, you will need to make sure the recorder channel, under event and video detect, is specified for the channel that it is currently on.

In my case, I was testing with the camera which was not working, so I thought the issue is will all of them. The current interface is a little bit different. In the NVR you have:

1687026667075.png