Motion detection or deepstack not seeing cat

cybernetics1d

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
From the link above, I notice your camera is a 5442 with IVS feature. Just a thought here, but have you tried using IVS tripwire or intrusion instead of BI motion detection to detect people and cat? Though that camera has AI capability to filter human and car, what if you use IVS WITHOUT enabling this filter, I would think it would be able to detect any animal with this method. You can then leverage IVS to trigger with BI and then have it send snapshot to Deepstack to detect cat. Worse case, even if deepstack isn't able to identify the cat, you should still have a triggered video clip in "Cancelled" alert to review when the cat crossed into your IVS setup area.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There are a few places you need to set this up in Blue Iris AFTER you set up the IVS in the camera GUI:

• In Camera configure setting check the box "Get ONVIF triggers".
  • Hit Find/Inspect on the camera setting to pull the coding for the triggers.
  • Go into Motion Setting and select the "Cameras digital input" box.
Also, the camera needs time to be able to see the object and identify it and run it through the algorithm and that is a tight view that might be problematic for some objects.

cybernetics1d

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yeah, as wittaj said, first you need to log into the camera to enable IVS first under Event > Smart Plan > select IVS box (it should be highlighted orange when enabled) and click save. Then under IVS, you need to setup your IVS rule either using tripwire or intrusion. Also, while you're in the camera, I'd go into Event > Video Detection and make sure Motion detection is turn off completely to ensure you're not using regular motion detection of the camera that could cause it to send ONVIF events to BI.

Then follow wittaj instructions above to setup from BI side to make sure it can pull the "ONVIF" events from the camera. Make sure to turn off Motion detection from BI itself as well.

Attachments

Last edited:

Cooltiger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't understand! So you've got the same model and you're getting accurate triggers on way higher min sizes and contrasts?

Is it my cameras? Do they need a firmware upgrade or something? Surely it can't be. It has to be BI's interpretation of what it's seeing.

Me too. Which is why I need to keep track of the little bastards.
I don't understand! So you've got the same model and you're getting accurate triggers on way higher min sizes and contrasts?

Is it my cameras? Do they need a firmware upgrade or something? Surely it can't be. It has to be BI's interpretation of what it's seeing.

Me too. Which is why I need to keep track of the little bastards.
Also track cats on PTZ (Small dahua)

Attachments