Motion detection vs replay through MD

lifeatredline

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Maybe I'm the last to know but I have discovered a glitch that may be making my job tougher. I like to employ the play video through motion detector feature to adjust my settings and check if I have remedied a false alert source. After battling falses at a customer site, I decided to look closer. I can replay video through motion detector and things that tripped the detector to cause the video clip to be recorded, do not trip the detector while replaying through it. This is about 50/50. So in my method of playing clips of false alerts and making changes to settings and replaying through detector till I eliminate the false alert, I still end up with false alerts because realtime, and replay through detector motion detection is NOT the exact same. And yes I am making sure that if I'm replaying a clip from profile 7 for example, that I override current profile to 7 if I'm doing this at a different time as the motion detector used to replay video through motion detector is the detection settings that are associated with the current profile and not the settings of the profile that was active when clip was recorded unless you manually switch current profile to match beforehand. This is a game changer for me now that I know this I will waste less time.

Reaction score
"I can replay video through motion detector and things that tripped the detector to cause the video clip to be recorded, do not trip the detector while replaying through it."

I've seen it as well. It's not new, it's been a bug for a long time.

Seems to happen when a diffuse trigger occurs such as fog or something like that.
I've never seen it happen on a more defined trigger such as a person, animal, or vehicle.

The only way I've been able to eliminate those was to lower the trigger contrast.

Reaction score
I'm recording 5 seconds pre-trigger, and still those diffuse triggers do not show up when post running the video with motion detection. Not only is no trigger shown, but visually there is usually nothing to be seen that would cause a trigger.

I'm running thermal cameras (shades of gray) and I used to scratch my head as to what caused the trigger.
Now if it should happen, I just lower the detection / trigger contrast and they stop.

lifeatredline

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback guys. I am running 5 seconds pretrigger recording on all cameras so I for sure have enough video to play prior to events. This is cars driving by on the street at night, and cats day or night that I have observed the inconsistencies. My best results in quashing false alerts is to be at my computer to make changes n realtime as the offending cars, cats, etc are active.