Motion detection zone questions.

Tacoman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have set up a Zone H, hot spot, to trigger recording. Zone A is the whole frame and is set to minimal sensitivity. When the zone is triggered and the video capture is replayed, the Hot Zone is bright and clear, but Zone A is under-intensified. Is there a setting where I can get the whole frame bright and clear.

Also I have the "Do Not Highlight Motion" box visible but I see the highlighted rectangles on the recorded capture. I would like to get rid of them. I must not understand how that works.

Also, I don't understand why there are 7 zones. Are they only used to trigger recording when an object crosses between them. That seems only moderately useful. If the sensitivity of each zone could be individually controlled that would seem to be more useful. Am I missing something.

Thanks for any help
John

hltljohn

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When you play the recordings, right click the video and make sure that you uncheck " Test run video through motion detector".

Tacoman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Dang, that was easy. It cleared up both problems. I did not know the right click functions even existed.