Motion/Notifications.

1advancing

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
In recording/Schedule Settings, there are options to record continuous, motion, alarm, and event. I am assuming it will record any event, including standard motion and line crossing?

Is there any way to record motion on all area, but get email notification only on selected/drawn area?

Basically I am trying to set it up so I can have the camera record any motion even if it is not important or nearby event, but I want selected area to notify by email, for example if someone is coming by the door. I know I can do that with line crossing but it doesn't always work well and straight line doesn't always fit well to accomplish the task, if there would be a triangle instead of line would be much nicer. The camera doesn't support region entrance.

Also is there any way to change the resolution/size of images received by email? I don't see options for that.

Cheers.

1advancing

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is there a way to hide line markings that show up as objects move?

ramleaf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In recording/Schedule Settings, there are options to record continuous, motion, alarm, and event. I am assuming it will record any event, including standard motion and line crossing?
Yes, if you set a timeline with Event it will record any event.

Is there any way to record motion on all area, but get email notification only on selected/drawn area?
No.

Basically I am trying to set it up so I can have the camera record any motion even if it is not important or nearby event, but I want selected area to notify by email, for example if someone is coming by the door. I know I can do that with line crossing but it doesn't always work well and straight line doesn't always fit well to accomplish the task, if there would be a triangle instead of line would be much nicer. The camera doesn't support region entrance.
Don't record based on motion for outside, record continuous. Motion for email alerts isn't good either, you will get a lot of mails every day, if Line Crossing doesn't work well try with Intrusion Detection.

Also is there any way to change the resolution/size of images received by email? I don't see options for that.
I think in one of the latest firmware Hikvision has changed this and now you will get only one attached image at full resolution, instead of 3 small images.
But I've read this for NVR firmware, I'm no sure about cams.

Is there a way to hide line markings that show up as objects move?
Uncheck "Enable Dynamic Analysis for Motion"