Motion Sensor

JohnP274

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a full Hikvision camera system that I seemed to have lost line dectection/crossing and cannot seem to get it back.
As a quick fix I installed a Ring motion sensor on a tree that sits close to the middle of the driveway so at least I'm alerted when someone comes up my driveway. The only issue is that the batteries die so quick ...I'm wondering if anyone is aware of a similar option, motion sensor with a simple phone app for alerts but also powered by AC or low voltage power.

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Not sure how far your sensor will be located, but even if distance is considerable, Dakota Alerts includes Tx/Rx, which can be installed to an NVR input relay, or as an independent zone in an alarm system. Even thou the receiver may include a local chime notification, a N/O relay may trigger a push notification through your NVR. I used to receive the push notification using my dsc/envisalink alarm system.

JohnP274

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance but how would the Dakota Alert motion sensor be powered up? I would need to get a CAT6 to it?

JohnP274

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
My issue is the power....I'm tired of battery powered motion sensors. I hate having to change the batteries so often.
Look at the top one, it's solar powered.
They work nice, and with no batteries, it's even better.

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok thank you. Do you know of any that would be powered over ethernet?
Not that I know of.
Although you can get an adapter to convert POE into 12v DC, I guess you could
build something up to keep the batteries topped off?

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance but how would the Dakota Alert motion sensor be powered up? I would need to get a CAT6 to it?
my Dakota Alert belongs to the Long range MURS (Multi-Use-Radio-Service) Alert family. The MURS Alert transmitter use 6AA batteries, while the receiver includes the contact relays. Please check DA web site for new models, since mine are quite old, but still operational. No need for cabling, is wireless RF.