Motion Trigger Tuning

Reaction score
Is there any good documents/guides written up to walk a newbie through tuning the motion trigger settings? I have found that since my wife has insisted on hanging Christmas decor on the porch, a good gust of wind will trigger the ornaments hanging all day long. Additionally, I have noticed that there are instances where an alert will be 1/2 to 3/4 past the point at which I wish it would have picked it up.

Any help or points in the right direction would be appreciated.

Happy Thanksgiving,

J

The Profit

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there any good documents/guides written up to walk a newbie through tuning the motion trigger settings? I have found that since my wife has insisted on hanging Christmas decor on the porch, a good gust of wind will trigger the ornaments hanging all day long. Additionally, I have noticed that there are instances where an alert will be 1/2 to 3/4 past the point at which I wish it would have picked it up.

Any help or points in the right direction would be appreciated.

Happy Thanksgiving,

J
Search for HomeTech Video on YouTube. He has several instructional videos about setting up Blue Iris motion detection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I checked out this first of his videos in his motion/trigger series and I already got a big benefit on my motion captures. I knocked probably 85% of the BS motion alerts for the xmas decorations swaying in the wind. Thanks for the recommendation @The Profit