Motorcycle Crash Caught on Truck's Dashcam

Reaction score
I watch these a lot. It never ceases to amaze me how many run red lights like they were not even there. Also the left turn in front of traffic.
I have been hooked on dashcam videos since before the Russian meteorite was captured by so many of them. I am subscribed to all of these--- LOL
CCTube <-- one of the Best!
CCTV
ClipCentral
DashCamOwners of Australia (these guys REALLY know how to cuss a blue streak!)
DashCamLessons
IdiotsInCars
KingofRoad <-- great channel
MegaDrivingSchool
RCV
RR&BD Driving School
Surgey322 <--very good!!

It is amazing how you can be a PERFECT driver, and get completely F'd by an oncoming idiot that turns left in front of you. The ones that really make me pucker are any of them on motorcycles... scary stuff always.

Reaction score
So many Russians....
It amazes me that they can't drive in snow/ice. It's not like they never seen it before. I grew up in Boston and did grad school in Milwaukee. Plenty of snow and ice. Never had a wreak in winter. Moved to the south in 1979. I have seen so many folks crash in what little snow/ice we get every few years down here. I can understand this as they have never seen it before. But these guys that live there? SMH

Reaction score
It amazes me that they can't drive in snow/ice. It's not like they never seen it before. I grew up in Boston and did grad school in Milwaukee. Plenty of snow and ice. Never had a wreak in winter. Moved to the south in 1979. I have seen so many folks crash in what little snow/ice we get every few years down here. I can understand this as they have never seen it before. But these guys that live there? SMH
I think it just shows how aggressive and arrogant they are.

I love seeing the ones from Russia--- to see the countryside, and the architecture, since I highly doubt I would ever go there to see it. There are some really cool things to see in those vids. Another thing I have noticed from these videos over the years is that Russians, overall, are seemingly more likely to be trim and fit. There certainly are some big round ones too--- but I see a much greater percentage of US videos with overweight people in it than in Russian vids.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Have a look a some of the Chinese dashcam vids, I’m convinced that some of the drivers in those videos are either driving blindfolded or have a I’m was here first and this piece of tarmac is my right type attitude.

Reaction score
Have a look a some of the Chinese dashcam vids, I’m convinced that some of the drivers in those videos are either driving blindfolded or have a I’m was here first and this piece of tarmac is my right type attitude.
Yes! The stereotype of bad Asian drivers is not alleviated by those vids! Lots from South Korea too.

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
I realize that when people experience events like this, it is so shocking to them that common sense seems to stop working. In the OP's video for example, the truck driver is talking on the phone, sees a horrific accident, and fails to call 911. He got lucky that a police officer came by a minute later, but the odds of that happening are pretty low. That guy should have been on the phone to 911 as soon as he saw it!

EDIT - I should note that it is possible he flagged down that random driver to call 911. That would make sense, but it is obviously speculation on my part.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That guy should have been on the phone to 911 as soon as he saw it!
I thought the same thing. Then I thought maybe his first reaction was to try and help the guy. So he hops out of the truck and runs towards the guard rail, then flags down a car.

I would really like to know what happened to the bike. I mean it just kept going down the road. It goes out of the frame. How far did it get?

Reaction score
Just got back home after about 1000 miles of driving today.

My Son in law races motorcycles "for fun". He was racing at this track in Hastings Nebraska this weekend. He was making good lap times-- personal best for him, and while he was completing a lap, a small rain shower dropped just enough rain to alter track conditions on him mid-race. His front wheel slipped out-- he caught it, but at the speed he was at, he was headed into the grass. He decided to keep the bike upright and hope to slow enough as he crossed the middle -- assuming he would hit the pavement part of the course on the other side of the grass. Problem--- UNSEEN from the track, there is a dip and a guard rail --- he ran straight into it. Bike is a mess-- He is spending his 3rd night in the hospital-- he broke bones in his back-- not smashing vertebrae--- but snapping the little "fins" on them in lower T and upper L region where his back loin muscles attach. He's damn lucky-- VERY stiff & sore of course-- but able to walk and no nerve damage...

I saw his helmet-- it has DENTS in it... Estimate speed leaving the pavement was 80~100. He has it all recorded on 2 GoPros, though I am not sure he will share it....

1624949273513.png

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
He was very lucky. If a light pole or sign had been in his way there would have been a very different outcome.
He was very lucky with that drop. Looking at the carriageway opposite the drop is at least 30-40 feet. It looks from when the cop jumped over on this side and walked down, the carriageway was only around 10 feet probably where he went over. Still enough to kill you esepcialy if projected head 1st, but compared to the height of the carriageway opposite, one's almost certain death and the other survivable.