Mount Rainier avalanche time lapse from Hikvision 20x PTZ

soundkite

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, so I just installed my 20x 2mp Hikvision PTZ less than a month ago and set it up last week to take a time lapse of Mount Rainier. Loandbehold, I caught an avalanche or slide! It goes quick, but you can see it at the 19 second mark in the video. The video aired on my local news and a few other affiliates around the country, so I guess this is a testament that IP cameras have come of age to be useful for more than just surveillance. Now, just yesterday, sad news that 6 climbers have perished and it just so happens that the slide I captured is above the ridge they were climbing. I will soon have one of Vector's 30x Dahuas to test out side by side with this camera, so look forward to another post from me in the future. Here's the link to the time lapse, filmed at about 18x zoom.

Last edited by a moderator:

dalepa

Reaction score
THATS INCREDIBLE!

Looks like the whole event 4-5 seconds! Bet you can't wait for the 30x! Sure wish I had your view, but I'de go broke with 10 cams pointing at the mountain :)

Congrats!

PS: Im seeing it at the :20 second mark... guess your intro threw off the timing...

Attachments

lewislitt

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there, I am just wondering what software did you use to make the time-lapse footage with Hik camera?

Thanks!

LL

Ok, so I just installed my 20x 2mp Hikvision PTZ less than a month ago and set it up last week to take a time lapse of Mount Rainier. Loandbehold, I caught an avalanche or slide! It goes quick, but you can see it at the 19 second mark in the video. The video aired on my local news and a few other affiliates around the country, so I guess this is a testament that IP cameras have come of age to be useful for more than just surveillance. Now, just yesterday, sad news that 6 climbers have perished and it just so happens that the slide I captured is above the ridge they were climbing. I will soon have one of Vector's 30x Dahuas to test out side by side with this camera, so look forward to another post from me in the future. Here's the link to the time lapse, filmed at about 18x zoom.