Mounting a DS-2DE4A425IW-DE

Rickoo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Getting ready to mount the above ptz with a CB-DE4A junction box. Even though this seems to be the approved junction box, the cam doesn't fit it very well. Certainly won't be water tight without some sore of gasket or seal.

Anyone mount one of these with this box? How did you get it waterproof?

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The CB-DE4A is the correct mount for your PTZ. I used it on mine. Didnt add anything and for the last 2 months has been working very well.20200117_144857.jpg

Last edited:

Rickoo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Your box is buried in your soffit and pretty well protected. As I'm sure you noticed when mounting the cam, there is no seal whatsoever between the box and the base of the camera. It appears this is really for indoor/dry locations only. Where I plan on mounting the unit the junction between the camera and the box will be well exposed to the weather.

Going to have to get creative to try and make this weather tight.

Spirch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
off topic, I heard that the ir led are not inside the body so I would like to confirm the ir led are above the glass, the black section, just below hikvison? if i heard wrong, where are they?

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Your box is buried in your soffit and pretty well protected. As I'm sure you noticed when mounting the cam, there is no seal whatsoever between the box and the base of the camera. It appears this is really for indoor/dry locations only. Where I plan on mounting the unit the junction between the camera and the box will be well exposed to the weather.

Going to have to get creative to try and make this weather tight.
The only real gap I have noticed between the mount and base of the cam is less than 2cm.
20200215_103358.jpg
How do you plan on mounting yours?
I'd say if anything stick some rubber expanding foam between the gap and call it a day. Theres should be no real concern for water or moisture to penetrate the internals of the camera anyways since it is ip67 rated. Your only reason concern should be moisture getting into the end of the pigtail.

off topic, I heard that the ir led are not inside the body so I would like to confirm the ir led are above the glass, the black section, just below hikvison? if i heard wrong, where are they?
IRs are on both side of the lense separated by a plastic divider. There is no IR bleed in internally.20200215_110804.jpg

Rickoo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The cam will be mounted below a wooden deck structure. Deck boards are spaced 5/4 decking. Water will drain through the boards and some of it will surely find its way into the area between the camera and the box. My assumption was to keep water out of the camera base area completely. Never considered this area to be water tight. I suppose it is?

This is listed on B&H Photo in the description for the CB-DE4A box:

The white CB-DE4A from Hikvision is a junction box designed for the DS-2DE4A series cameras. It has an 11 lb maximum load capacity when installed on a flat surface or wall capable of supporting at least three times the total weight of the camera and bracket. Waterproof rubber (available separately) is required for an outdoor installation.

They don't sell or even know what the reference to waterproof rubber is.

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The cam will be mounted below a wooden deck structure. Deck boards are spaced 5/4 decking. Water will drain through the boards and some of it will surely find its way into the area between the camera and the box. My assumption was to keep water out of the camera base area completely. Never considered this area to be water tight. I suppose it is?

This is listed on B&H Photo in the description for the CB-DE4A box:

The white CB-DE4A from Hikvision is a junction box designed for the DS-2DE4A series cameras. It has an 11 lb maximum load capacity when installed on a flat surface or wall capable of supporting at least three times the total weight of the camera and bracket. Waterproof rubber (available separately) is required for an outdoor installation.

They don't sell or even know what the reference to waterproof rubber is.
I'm pretty sure, but not certain, since I cant find a picture of the top of the camera before I mounted it, but there should be no easy way for water or moisture to get into the camera its self besides penetrating through the pigtail. I honestly wouldnt be worried about water ingress unless if the cam is going to constantly doused in water. If you have easy access to the PTZ take a picture of the top where the mounting screws are.

If your seriously concerned about water penetration you can always caulk some waterproof silicone in between the base of the camera and the mount. Just keep in mind that's more of a permanent and sticky solution. You can also look into using caulking tape which isnt as permanent solution but will stop but not prevent the ingress of water. You can also use a product called coax-seal which would be good to fill the larger gap or you could even try Scotch 130c Linerless Rubber splicing tape.20200215_130641.jpg

Rickoo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for your input!

The wiring connections look water tight. There's a gap around the perimeter of the outer casing that will collect some degree of water/moisture. Not sure if that would drain and exit a safe location below. I haven't tried to open it up and see?

cam bottom.jpg

I have some splicing tape. Thought of running a strip around the perimeter. Also have some closed cell foam that I may try and form a ring seal if I need to.

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If I remember correctly there is a rubber gasket that surrounds the circumference of the outer casing which should prevent water intrusion. Like I said before its ip67 rated. You can always add more coax-seal and splicing tape for added protection. I honestly think you might be over thinking this.

MadamImAdam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I assume the mounting options are identical to all DS-2DE4Axxx.

Here is my recess mounted DS-2DE4A204 and 220 using part DS-1671ZJ-SD11 In Ceiling Mounting Bracket;

20180930_155217.jpg

AFTER:
20180930_155801.jpg

BEFORE:
20180930_155815.jpg

Rickoo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Super clean look with the recessed bracket. Wish I had the option where mine is located.