Mounting a SD59225U on a tree that is at an angle

mjessup44

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm looking for some advice on how to mount an SD59225U to a tree. the part of the tree I want to mount to is at a 160-degree angle and I was planning on just using a piece of wood to make that 190 but not sure how that would age and how the tree would react to that. Looking for some advice thinking there might be a mount that can achieve this or if there is a way I can change the settings in the camera so when I pan/tilt it is level (hope that makes sense as when I pan around I constantly have to adjust the tilt with the cam at this angle)

Thanks for giving me your time reading this and hopefully giving me advice! I'll be sure to make a forum post on the whole system (15 dahua cams) once it is all set up!

BigFoot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you have to mount anything to a tree, remember it is a living thing. Rather than nails consider using extra long zip ties to affix a board to mount your camera too

That said, WA3PNT's idea of a rigid pole is perhaps a better idea in the long run

mjessup44

n3wb
Reaction score
Anything that you do to "level" the camera is going to change over time as the tree grows or varies from its current configuration.
If I were you, I'd consider installing a rigid pole to mount the camera on.

RodeoGeorge
If you have to mount anything to a tree, remember it is a living thing. Rather than nails consider using extra long zip ties to affix a board to mount your camera too

That said, WA3PNT's idea of a rigid pole is perhaps a better idea in the long run
I like the idea of a pole but that's in a perfect world I don't want this camera to stand out too much maybe I'll look into a pole that is mounted to the tree