Mounting a Turret Camera

Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving!

I have a 10" diameter pole with a flat top that I'd like to mount a turret camera flat on the top of the pole, with the camera completely rotated, and even a small wedge under the camera to get the angle I want. Any concerns about being exposed to the rain? The rest of my turrets will be under the house soffit protected.

Mike

Starglow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving!

I have a 10" diameter pole with a flat top that I'd like to mount a turret camera flat on the top of the pole, with the camera completely rotated, and even a small wedge under the camera to get the angle I want. Any concerns about being exposed to the rain? The rest of my turrets will be under the house soffit protected.

Mike
I'm not sure what you mean by "camera completely rotated", but you might consider using a pole clamp mount and the camera angle can be adjusted without requiring a wedge. The weather resistance will depend on specific camera ratings set by the manufacturer.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I do not think you will have a problem as long as the RJ-45 connection is waterproofed such as using dielectric grease.