Mounting options for a DS-2CD2232-I5 EXIR Bullet cam?

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the DS-2CD2232-I5 bullet can be mounted "upside-down?"

I'd like a 12mm bullet for monitoring some front gates on our property, and need to mount it up onto the soffit of our building. I know the dome models are designed to be ceiling-mounted, but I can't tell if that would work for these larger EXIR bullets. From the marketing images I've seen, it looks like they either mount on a wall or on a ledge...

Another way of putting it: can the main bullet part of the camera roll around its longitudinal axis, relative to the elbow joint behind it?

Thanks!

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just my thought, but in most software you can flip the image so it won't be upside down if you mounted a camera upside down. I know others can give you a definitive answer for your actual question.

Hawko777

n3wb
Reaction score
The software within the camera allows you to flip the image. I just set mine up. Although I didnt flip my image, I mounted it to a piece of 100mm x 100mm galv steel fence post about 350mm long and mounted that to the wall on a corner so the camera is just protruding from around that corner. Makes it look less conspicuous from the front of my house.
Unfortunately, the IR's glow considerably at night. I thought the exir range didnt do that. Oh well

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You can mount it from the rear of the camera using the DS-1212ZJ shown here which is also available from Ali sellers. If you look at the image, imagine that the elbow mount it attached to the rear. You can roll it however you like.

If I still had one I'd take a photo!

Reaction score
Hey thanks for the feedback. I went ahead and ordered one and we'll see how it works.

I suppose me saying "upside down" is confusing. I want to keep the camera oriented normally, and move the mount to hang from a ceiling.

I'm familiar with rotating the image in the software, but I'd prefer to keep the shield on the top of the camera and the lens above the IR elements (assuming that makes some sort of difference in image quality- who knows, but I can only assume it was designed that way for some reason...). So it's really about how flexible the mounting hardware is in relation to the camera body. I think it will work out fine...

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I suppose me saying "upside down" is confusing. I want to keep the camera oriented normally, and move the mount to hang from a ceiling.
Don't worry, I understood as I tried that myself. That mount I put a link to is strong enough to hold it like that. Do the nut up tight!

Reaction score
I ended up receiving the camera last week and it came with the "standard" HIK original mount (the elbow at the back). Turns out you can just undo the mounting screw and rotate the whole elbow around, as I had originally suspected but was not able to confirm from photos alone. So it's all worked out and will be mounted to the soffit soon! Thanks, guys.