Mounting question for PTZ Loryta SD49425XB-HNR 4MP

bluer101

n3wb
Reaction score
I recently purchased a Loryta SD49425XB-HNR 4MP and ceiling mount from Andy on Amazon. This is going on the corner of my house to face street corners. I already have 8 Lorex LNB811-C bullets, 2 on each corner so I’m covered there. I wanted the PTZ more for fun and novelty, so now on to mounting.

All my cameras are mounted to the under side of my soffits. I thought about removing some soffit panels and using the ceiling mount get the PTZ higher up in the soffit cavity. Then going to make a circle cutout for the size of white part of the dome, like 6 inch. So after this is all together all you will see is the black part of the PTZ. This way it will make it not seem to big. Has anyone done this before?

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
I recently purchased a Loryta SD49425XB-HNR 4MP and ceiling mount from Andy on Amazon. This is going on the corner of my house to face street corners. I already have 8 Lorex LNB811-C bullets, 2 on each corner so I’m covered there. I wanted the PTZ more for fun and novelty, so now on to mounting.

All my cameras are mounted to the under side of my soffits. I thought about removing some soffit panels and using the ceiling mount get the PTZ higher up in the soffit cavity. Then going to make a circle cutout for the size of white part of the dome, like 6 inch. So after this is all together all you will see is the black part of the PTZ. This way it will make it not seem to big. Has anyone done this before?
It can be done but BE CAREFUL, you don't want to obstruct the movement in any way. Also want to keep an eye on any heat build up from being fully recessed. Lastly, if you recess too much then you can find a lot of IR splash back that will cause issues with tracking and focus. Personally I wouldn't recommend installing this way but understand the reason people try it.

bluer101

n3wb
Reaction score
It can be done but BE CAREFUL, you don't want to obstruct the movement in any way. Also want to keep an eye on any heat build up from being fully recessed. Lastly, if you recess too much then you can find a lot of IR splash back that will cause issues with tracking and focus. Personally I wouldn't recommend installing this way but understand the reason people try it.
I never thought about the heat buildup. I was going to have it mounted like 1/2 to 1” of the white part of the body exposed so it would not be fully recessed.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Or paint it to match the house not have to recess it.

bluer101

n3wb
Reaction score
Just an update, I decided to get the ceiling mount and made a custom mounting board under the soffit. So the whole camera is exposed and is solid as a rock.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Just an update, I decided to get the ceiling mount and made a custom mounting board under the soffit. So the whole camera is exposed and is solid as a rock.
Glad to hear it worked for you, let us know if you need any other assistance dialing in etc