Mouse pointer in desktop capture

Geovos

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I am using desktop capture on Blue Iris. Is there a way to capture and record the mouse pointer?
I have not managed to locate anything in the settings or the documentation.

Many thanks!

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hello,

I am using desktop capture on Blue Iris. Is there a way to capture and record the mouse pointer?
I have not managed to locate anything in the settings or the documentation.

Many thanks!
If you are using Windows 10 you can use the built in Screen Recording Software, that captures mouse movement in Blue Iris.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I think if you turn on pointer trails in the OS's mouse settings (minimum trail length is fine) that has been known to make the pointer be visible in some desktop capture apps.

Geovos

n3wb
Reaction score
many thanks for the responses!

I think if you turn on pointer trails in the OS's mouse settings (minimum trail length is fine) that has been known to make the pointer be visible in some desktop capture apps.
I had heard about the pointer trail thing, but it does not work in this case.

If you are using Windows 10 you can use the built in Screen Recording Software, that captures mouse movement in Blue Iris.
That sounds really interesting, but I'm not sure I am getting it. Is there a way to feed the Windows 10 screen recorder into Iris? How would I go about it?

Once again, many thanks for your time.

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sorry I thought you were trying to record your Blue Iris display with the mouse pointer visible for some training video you may have wanted to create... Sorry my misunderstanding.