Move to Preset - No option to go back to previous location (or preset) after motion stops?

DwightMorgan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am using a duplicate hidden camera with zones setup. When triggered, the camera moves to a zoomed in preset. I would like the camera to move back to the original location/different preset after motion stops or max x time. I am leveraging a patrol of 20 seconds between two presets at the same location to "sort of" make this work. It leaves before the motion start depending on where it falls in the cycle time, if I lengthen the time then I miss motion after the person moves beyond that location.

1. Having done multiple searches it appears that the ideal solution doesn't exist.
2. Any options better than what I have configured?
3. Any idea why this hasn't been implemented? A revert preset seems doable, previous location is probably tough.

Thanks,
-Dwight

DwightMorgan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I found/reviewed that post and read it to only indicate "reset" after manually moving the PTZ. In testing, it doesn't seem to work for me.

Am I missing a configuration step?
1. Hidden camera to trigger moving to PTZ preset 2 - working, camera moves to preset
2. Trigger Group - to make sure that the event shows on the non hidden timeline
3. Schedule set to midnight, proper preset check, check for search-back at rest or startup

Symptoms:
Hidden camera detects movement, camera moves to PTZ and stays there.

1591460337560.png
1591460353454.png

1591460371866.png

DwightMorgan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hmmm, failed testing. But just worked once as I was reviewing all of the documentation I could find and UPS came by.

Return seems to be a bit flakey, looking through all of my motion and reset settings.

Last edited:

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I've also had occasional difficulties getting the expected response when using 'Trigger now' from the context menu.

This context menu command creates an 'External' trigger(ed) alert.

You can alternatively simulate a 'Motion' trigger using the 2nd 'HTTP Interface' command shown below:

1591463639443.png

Last edited:

DwightMorgan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks, the return is flakey with ‘live’ triggers as well. Fails more often than not. What all events can affect the reset? All motion has stopped, all triggers reset, wait past the timers of no activity...

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Hmmm... I've never had trouble resuming with my mix of cams (Dahua, Amcrest, and a few old Foscams).
I see you are using an ONVIF (OXML) type for your PTZ control ('Network IP' field). Perhaps you can try another type?
Otherwise, you may need to contact support.

DwightMorgan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok, when using a 2nd camera as the initial trigger - rock solid. When using the PTZ as the trigger, you MUST trigger a PTZ group, even if it is the same camera otherwise it will not return. Now to figure how how to get the Alert sound from the trigger camera to not be overridden by the Group PTZ alert sound.

tdwilli1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have that same setting in the schedule tab. But I have changed the PTZ/Control to Dahua New V4 and mine always returns to the preset indicated in the schedule tab.