Moved from Blueiris to Scrypted NVR.

koush

Scyrpted Dev
Reaction score
Skimmed this myself. Just looking at Scrypted's interface it looks like a consumer level interface akin to what I'd expect from a product such as Ring. That simple interface may be for some but to me it lacks sophistication and features. Yes BI lacks a good manual and explanation of all settings / menus / options. There's very little to guide you through intial setup or problem shooting, and yes there are occasional bugs especially with the App. Yes it's complicated with a steep initial learning curve unless you have prior NVR experience. However, I wouldn't give it up personally for something that appears to me (not having tried it) to be very consumer level. Just the alert & clip organisation would be enough to put me off.
Scrypted is highly configurable. The demo site does not include the management interface. The user facing app interface is intentionally simple/clean.

mephisto_uk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I tried Scrypted for a while, far to many bugs and lack of basic features. I think it has potential, but to me, it was not ideal in its current shape and price. It has a very nice UI and playback. It can do some things Blue Iris does poorly, but Blue Iris can do lots of other things well that Scrypted does very poorly.

If Blue Iris could borrow some UI/UX from Scrypted, that would be ideal.