Moved Hik camera to a different port on Hik NVR, cam now won't work on any port

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
EDIT: Yep I am a dummy, it's because I changed the default admin password from 12345 to something more secure. I changed it back by putting a computer on the same 192.168.254.* network as the camera and logging in to the camera directly. Put it back on the NVR and everything is groovy.

I'm looking at camera locations and my plan was to string up some temporary cable between the NVR and a few locations, and then move my one camera around looking at the field of view.

I took my camera off NVR POE port 1 and attached it to port 2. I expected the camera to show up in the list of devices, but it doesn't. POE status shows it's drawing power, though. I tried a couple of other cables without luck, and then put the camera back onto port 1 where it had been happy--but still no joy.

I did change the default admin password on this camera before I moved it around. Might that have something to do with it? Seems like this has to be a configuration error unless the camera was somehow damaged the very first time I put it on the end of a different cable. That seems unlikely though.

Last edited by a moderator: