moving from Logitech Alert to Hikvision

oneam

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

We are currently in the process of replacing our existing Logitech Alert cameras. I had researched and found that the Hikvision units are popular replacements to work w/ the Logitech wiring already in place. The models we have are DS-2CD2632F-I and DS-2CD2032-I

My husband has been playing w/ them and he found that while connected to spare Logitech POE cable plugged in for testing purposes in our home office, the camera is "found" on the Hikvision software, but when it's connected to an actual camera site outside of the house, it is not "found".

We had 6 Logitech units installed w/ their respective Logitech POE cables all run to regular power outlets in our attic. The Logitech receiver unit was connected to the router in the office. My husband's thought is that our set-up is more EOP than POE and maybe that's why we are having problems.

Is there anything we can do to make the Hikvision units work in place of the Logitech? We're hoping to use as much of the in-place infrastructure as possible.

I've attached a file that shows the general lay-out of things. Any guidance would be much appreciated.

thanks so much!
oneam

Attachments