Moving to new home

dlee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have 2 hikvision cameras and a Hikvision NVR. Been running the cameras since 2015 and they still work perfectly so want to keep using them. For many years I ran them with blue iris on a desktop, but after my desktop crashed (only used it for the cameras) I just purchased a NVR to run them and with Hik Connect for mobile viewing it has been working fine. I really only use them to monitor the driveway and back door/yard, so don’t need anything fancy.

So on to my question….we sold our home and will be moved out by end of June. We have already taken the cameras down and unhooked the NVR. However, I am now wondering what I need to do in preparation for setting back up at the new place? with having a new internet service and IP, ect…. I was thinking I would just hook everything back up, log into the NVR, change the internet info, and good to go? Or is there something I should do here, in the cameras and/or NVR while I could still connect to the current router and programmed internet info to prepare for setting up with the new one?

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
If you connect a Monitor and a mouse to the Hikvision, at the new place i guess you can still see the IP address settings, and make changes at the new place. Are you using the same router again?

dlee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you connect a Monitor and a mouse to the Hikvision, at the new place i guess you can still see the IP address settings, and make changes at the new place. Are you using the same router again?
Not sure yet. We currently have internet through Centurylink an old Centurylink router. Centurylink is available there. As is Spectrum. Both places are rural locations in the country.

dlee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You shouldn't have a problem. You can just change the NVR's IP address info once it is installed at your new place. There's nothing extra you need to do to prepare.
Ok awesome. Thank you so much! Been a bit stressed about it!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The NVR may require the cameras to be plugged back into the original POE port it was assigned to, so if you run into problems, simply factory reset the cams and start over.

dlee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The NVR may require the cameras to be plugged back into the original POE port it was assigned to, so if you run into problems, simply factory reset the cams and start over.
Ok thanks. I'll see what happens when the time comes. In the meantime I bought 2 ring battery stick up cams with solar chargers a couple weeks ago. They have been working pretty darn good and will be sufficient for the rest of our time here and the first month or so at the next place. They don't cover near the area or detail the Hikvisions do, but I just can't go without security cameras of some sort by my door now anymore :lmao::rofl: I'll make use of them somewhere after I get my Hiks back up and running.