MS Edge in IE mode

dryfly

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
To live view my Hikvision camera I have to use Edge in IE mode. It seems it use to be in a drop down window but I can't find the option anywhere. I've tried the section in settings>default browser>"allow programs to run in IE" but that doesn't work. Any help appreciated.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Best bet now is to just use Internet Explorer that is still available.

Open up Notepad and Copy this text below in the blank space and do a save as IE.vbs and make it a shortcut on your desktop and then plain ole Internet Explorer will run again.

CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application").Visible=true

rdxny

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Open up Notepad and Copy this text below in the blank space and do a save as IE.vbs and make it a shortcut on your desktop and then plain ole Internet Explorer will run again.

Along those lines, if you use that IE.vbs to open IE, which works great, is there a way to save a shortcut of that cam that still points to IE? I usually have shortcuts for all my cams in a folder (pointing to Chrome now) , but when I drag the address bar from IE to the desktop or a folder, that shortcut reverts back to edge.

dryfly

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

That worked great. Thank you for your help.

Reaction score
In my case EDGE version 121.0.2277.112 after enabled in settings>default browser the option is located in
IE Mode.png
I use in spanish.

Or in the left of the address bar. After enabled you can add a button in Settings->appearance

I hope it helps you