Multicast on 2CD2132 not working

nirv199

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

The camera's manual doesn't help much, all I see as option to enable multicast is the "Multicast address" field on Network settings.

So I added a multicast address (inside local scope 239/8 range) and did all the infra changes (enabled PIM dense-mode on routers, disabled igmp-snooping on switches, etc).

But those even aren't in play yet as I see zero packets per second ingressing my first hop switch (directly connected to the camera).

Rebooted the cameras, and even played with the "multicast discovery" checkbox. Still no traffic.

Has anyone successfully enabled one of these cameras? Is there any known bug that requires a particular firmware? Any other configuration required in addition to the multicast IP address?

Any help appreciated

Thank you

id5

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Multicast is not broadcast so the camera would not produce packets until a client connects to the camera from a multicast IP in the same subnet range.

I have not tested multicast on the cameras but as there is also a setting on the Local Configuration tab to change the LiveView stream to Multicast so I suspect that only the live stream is multicast and control will remain unicast. You might want to setup a client with a multicast address and use something like VLC to read the stream from the cameras multicast address, that would help prove if it works or not.