Multiple Alert Notifications

damaar

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

Hoping to get some help figuring out why I get multiple/duplicate web requests from the On Alert Action.

I have a signal-cli api server running that will send object detection alerts to a signal group. The web call works perfect, I can send the right information, including &CAM, &ALERT_JPEG, etc. to get the image (base64) through to the signal notification. However, majority of the time, I will get 4 or 5 duplicate signal messages. Looking at the signal-cli logs, it is receiving multiple requests from BlueIris so acting on them.

I can't seem to work out why I am getting multiple. I have only one alert image in the AI folder I have set up. Things I have tried:
  • Reviewed all trigger and timer settings
  • Changed AI settings to have only one + real-time images (didn't seem likely but worth a shot)
  • Upgraded to latest version 5.8.0.16 as I noticed that had some motion/trigger/alert changes
  • Changed the web request call to only use one marco, (main POST uses multple, again, that shouldn't be the problem as the full request is received multiple times, but I tried anyway)
  • Looked through the logs, couldn't find anything useful
  • Confirmed via Wireshark that BI is sending the HTTP/JSON POST multiple times, and not the API server doing something silly and processing the single POST multiple times
I am using the web request HTTP settings which appear to work well. signal-cli requires a base64 encoded image. I was using curl.exe by calling another program, but I couldn't get the image, so swapped to the http request. This works great apart from the multiple requests.

I have used MQTT integration for a while along with curl to Telegram, and I haven't had this issue before. Unsure if it is something funny with the web request functionality. I wasn't sure what parts of the set up I would need to post, so thought I would check in here and see if someone had some suggestions on where to look or what config to post to look at potential issues.

Is there a verbose logging option on the On Alert actions?

Thanks all!

Last edited: