Multiple Cameras on Multiple Monitors

sharma81

n3wb
Reaction score
I used the software provided by Atlantisland (VMS Lite). With this software i was able to configure different visualizations and every visualization could be placed in a separate window (and separate monitor).
There was some delay in images, but i replaced the GPU with a GTX 1060 3gb and with this card i was able to stream simoultaneusly 16streams without delay.

For me problem solved, thanks to all member that helped

SvenVD

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For separate monitor stations you can use Raspberry Pi's with rpisurv on them (1 Pi per monitor).

The Pi's can be fed streams from a DVR (analog cams) or from an NVR/Blueiris pc (IP cams).
Rpisurv 3 has been released and this is capable to control 2 monitors if used together with a Raspberry Pi 4

Dingoboy

n3wb
Reaction score
It may just be me, but from the original use case, I note down that, with a specific noise, the machine needs to be stopped. It's true that when paper is flying around, a visual confirmation by the camera's on multiple screens is a plus, but ample camera's with microphone can detect (peaks) in noise too, and send out an alarm (through IO outputs), hence the machine can be stopped immediately, in an automated way (eg relais through dead-man's-switch). The operator can then visually check the screens to see what's going on. If this is too complicated, a stand-alone mic on a raspberry pi can already do the trick.

For the cams, NVR/BI, screens/tablets, lots of tips can be found above.

Just my 2c!
CC

Totally agree with this train of thought! To make it even simpler would be to add a pressure activated "jam switch" connected to the E-Stop circuit of the machine for when paper jams occur - about $10 for the switch & wire.