Multiple Computer via Web Interface?

Reaction score
Hello. I have several Blue Iris servers which are running 4.X. We are looking to upgrade because of the promise of able to manage all of those systems via a single front end interface system. I have looked through the documentation but it appears this functionality is only for console access, and not for the webUI. Am i mistaken? If i am mistaken, when steps are need for us to login to a single instance and be able to pull up feeds for each of our satellite locations via web UI?

Zanthexter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello. I have several Blue Iris servers which are running 4.X. We are looking to upgrade because of the promise of able to manage all of those systems via a single front end interface system. I have looked through the documentation but it appears this functionality is only for console access, and not for the webUI. Am i mistaken? If i am mistaken, when steps are need for us to login to a single instance and be able to pull up feeds for each of our satellite locations via web UI?
You are not mistaken. It also has significant stability and design issues. The biggest being that you cannot have simultaneous local and remote consoles and it doesn't allow for a unified multi-location view. Once stable, it'll be handy for admin, but won't do what you want.

You can however connect a BI at your master location to each of your satellite locations and either pull from the BI at the satellite location or pull from the cameras directly.

Because I record locally at much higher quality than I stream to the central location, and my cameras only allow very low quality secondary streams, I ended up pulling from the BI web views. As I currently have it set up, I'm only able to record video, no audio, no PTZ control. (If anyone can get full service, I'd appreciate any tips you care to share.) I use BI user account limits to manage upstream bandwidth.

Works reasonably well, with the added benefit of the "master" BI server keeping a lower quality "backup" recording of all the video streamed to it via the internet.

Possibly related note, the BI web server can pass PCI compliance scans, so you may not need to bother with VPNs or static IPs.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Possibly related note, the BI web server can pass PCI compliance scans, so you may not need to bother with VPNs or static IPs.
This is not always the case. I can tell you right now that people have been given shit by PCI compliance testers for the version of jQuery in use by UI3.

Reaction score
This is not always the case. I can tell you right now that people have been given shit by PCI compliance testers for the version of jQuery in use by UI3.
Any word on if the new version 5.0 web ui supports multiple systems?