Multiple CPU Xeon & Bi

Sabot

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My old box took a surge strike and I am now searching for a replacement. Would there be any advantages to go with multiple cpu's xeon workstation server to run BlueIris on? I put BlueIris back on my old Thinkserver TS140 with a single E3-1225 v3 processor until I can find a replacement. I have to keep the GUI closed or BI will max out the CPU. Wondering if BI would use the other CPU's...? I can find a number of them under $500 in my area.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
waste of money and electricity; you need Intel HD Gfx which practically no xeons will provide..

Sabot

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Humm... I am currently running Bi on my E3-1225 v3 processor.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yeah and your choking out with what 16 cameras and burning ~100W of power? And you have one of the rare Xeons that have integrated Gfx.. None of the Dual Xeons have integrated GFX support thats required for hardware acceleration

a modern i7 single cpu can do your loads without breaking a sweat at a fraction of the power consumption thanks to being better designed for video workloads

yobigd20

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a dual Xeon E5-2683v3, which is 28 cores total , 56 threads running on a supermicro X10 board and supermicro 4U chassis with 128GB DDR4, 64GB SATADOM (boot disk), 4x intel S3710 400GB SSD MLC (local vm storage), and 12x 6TB WD purples (zfs pool). Runs great for blueiris. But I'm also running a dozen other VMs in ESXi. It'd be overkill for blueiris alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro