Multiple detection zones?

Reaction score
Hi all,
Thanks for taking the time to read my question.
I have BI running with 3 camera's attached. I setup motion detection, and whenever motion is detected, a clip is saved.

My camera captures a fair portion of the public road and this causes a lot of motion detection triggers.
This makes it kind of hard to review the alerts where something on my property actually happened.
I would like to keep my current config so that all cars that drive by are registered (its a quiet rural street, so there should only be cars that belong here) and on top of that I would like to generate an additional alert based on when someone/something actualy moves on my property. Preferably, that second alert is the one that is send to my mobile while the first is only recorded.

As an example take a look at the above screenshot from some random camera of the internet.
What I would like is :
Motion in the yellow area, record a clip and save it for a specified time.
Motion in the red area, record a clip, save it for a specified time, trigger an alert and/or send notification to mobile.

How would I go about setting this up?

Thank you very much for your patience and time.

PS : Shoutout to @EMPIRETECANDY for the awesome service and swift delivery!

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hi all,
I have BI running with 3 camera's attached. I setup motion detection, and whenever motion is detected, a clip is saved.

My camera captures a fair portion of the public road and this causes a lot of motion detection triggers.
This makes it kind of hard to review the alerts where something on my property actually happened.
I would like to keep my current config so that all cars that drive by are registered (its a quiet rural street, so there should only be cars that belong here) and on top of that I would like to generate an additional alert based on when someone/something actualy moves on my property. Preferably, that second alert is the one that is send to my mobile while the first is only recorded.

As an example take a look at the above screenshot from some random camera of the internet.
What I would like is :
Motion in the red area, record a clip, save it for a specified time, trigger an alert and/or send notification to mobile.

@Cameraguy buddy, do you have any idea?

lgRich

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all,

What I would like is :

You can do that like this:

1) Duplicated the camera : (Add camera / Copy from another camera)

2) Configure one camera : (red area) like you want (Trigger / Motion sensor / Use Zone and hot spot) (Alert)

3) Configure the other camera : (yellow area) like you want (Trigger / Motion sensor / Use Zone and hot spot)

bickford

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have the same configuration and i use infrared barrier like Optex BX80NR

Sans titre.png

motion detection on cameras are not the best for security
BICK