Multiple Hikvision cameras setup

Kash

n3wb
Reaction score
SOLVED: I solved all the issues. I feel like I should leave some pointers if anyone searching for a similar problem needs a hand.
1) While searching for cameras with SADP software connect one of your PoE ports in NVR to your router with an ethernet cable. This way you will instantly find your cameras in the network and will be able to change their IPs.
2) Turn off UPnP for the NVR and your router(s).

Just by doing this you will be able to setup your cameras pretty quickly. Best of luck.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello. I am new to this forum as for Hikvision cameras. I could really use some of your help.
So I have purchased 11 Hikvision cameras and I've mounted them in my office. The 1st floor has 5 of them and the 2nd one has 6. Also the main router is located in the 2nd floor and in the 1st I have a second router. They both are connected via LAN-to-LAN (same subnet). So the 6 cameras in the 2nd floor works perfectly and were connected yesterday. The setup is:

All of the cam's ethernet cables goes to a network switch which then connects to my main router.

Today I wanted to setup the other 5 cameras in the first floor, but I came accross a problem. Cam's ethernet cables goes to NVR which is connected to the secondary router via LAN. When I try to add my cameras I can see 8 of them in the list (but there are only 5 connected) and I can't delete them. I tried changing network settings, tried using DHCP and tried without it and I failed. I've also tried changing one of the cameras IP address to an already existing camera from 2nd floor and I couldn't see anything.

I know I am doing a mistake somewhere and I can't figure it out myself, so maybe you guys could help me out? I will attach an image from the settings in the 2nd floor, maybe that will help. Sorry for my bad english and thank you.

Last edited:

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
best way ive found is to set up each camera its own ip address and through the add camera manually enter each camera ip and password rather than plug and play and that way if there on a poe switch on another floor it wont matter and assuming your nvr will take 16-32 cameras if you using an 8 channel for 11 cameras it wont allow you to add more to the nvr the settings above are for your nvr to the lan on you learn this system its fun and you can look back and go thats easy now

Kash

n3wb
Reaction score
best way ive found is to set up each camera its own ip address and through the add camera manually enter each camera ip and password rather than plug and play and that way if there on a poe switch on another floor it wont matter and assuming your nvr will take 16-32 cameras if you using an 8 channel for 11 cameras it wont allow you to add more to the nvr the settings above are for your nvr to the lan on you learn this system its fun and you can look back and go thats easy now
The PoE switch in the 2nd floor has 8 ports as well as the NVR. And we also have an 8 channel NVR in the 1st floor. But that's the thing, I can't add them manually because I can't find their IPs. I tried connecting to the 1st floor's router and checked connected clients list but there are no cameras there and I have no idea why.

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
I would start with hikvision sadp tool plug the nvr into the net work look on the lap top and see if it sees the nvr you should see device type status IPv4 address then port then software version then IPv4 gate way that should be like 192.168.1.x then http port then device serial no then to the right there's a box to modify network parameters this is where you can assign the IPv4 address to each nvr and camera but make sure to uncheck dhcp otherwise it will look for a new IPv4 address note down each IPv4 number and which nvr it is makes it easier to find when adding to iVMS-4500 when you first start out trust me when your finished setting this up you will know these numbers like the back of your hand if sadp sees all cameras and there active then start adding them one at a time if you find the first floor all add in and the second floor doesn't there would be a communication problem between floors if both floors share the same power I use a tplink powerline av2 2000 to communicate from my second story floor back to the router and a second one in the garage to the router so my Poe switch in the garage talks to upstairs and I have three nvr all can be seen via iVMS-4500 client

Kash

n3wb
Reaction score
I am using iVMS-4200 on a mac. So here's what I can see in the device menu:

192.168.0.106 is the NVR IP from the 2nd floor, 0.2-0.7 are the cameras from 2nd floor. 0.194 is the IP address of the NVR in the 1st floor but I can't see any cameras connected to it. Maybe I need another PoE Switch in the 1st floor connected to the router? And why do you say to drop the second router?

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
take the second router out of the system for the time being, so your laptop is hooked into your net router then the nvr number one connects to the router then nvr number two connects to the same router you should be able to see both nvrs that way looking at the table above added no,im not familiar with a mac but if this is in the ivms 4200 you will need to add them to the client a little box will pop up with nickname then two blank spaces one you fill out admin the other your password for each nvr or camera

Kash

n3wb
Reaction score
take the second router out of the system for the time being, so your laptop is hooked into your net router then the nvr number one connects to the router then nvr number two connects to the same router you should be able to see both nvrs that way looking at the table above added no,im not familiar with a mac but if this is in the ivms 4200 you will need to add them to the client a little box will pop up with nickname then two blank spaces one you fill out admin the other your password for each nvr or camera
Ok I have finally managed to fix my cameras and everything seems to be working fine except for connecting to them via iVMS-4500 app on my iPhone. For the second floor I use myIP:8000 to connect and everything works fine. For the first floor I use a different port - I connect via myIP:8001 but I get an error saying that username or password is incorrect. But it is correct. One time I've restarted my main router and everything worked for a few hours but now it gives me the same username/password error. What it could be? I've forwarded the ports and they seem to work fine, I can access the cameras admin page from another network using my browser, just not my phone.

jabir

n3wb
Reaction score
hello .i have hikvision 4 ch dvr
and i have forget the email witch i use for online
help me to solve this problem please

mahberry

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I have 64 IP Cameras (Hikvision) and I have 5 Departments. In which I want to add the 64 cameras to the main NVR DS-9664NI in the control department and form these 64 cameras I want to add only 32 cameras to the accounting department on NVR DS-7732NI/K4 and another 32 cameras to the security department and another 32 to the manager department and another 32 cameras to the sales department. Is it possible. I tried to do this but I can 3 department are working together.