Multiple Problems with iVMS-4200

cosmarchy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I've got a multiple problems with a iVMS-4200 which I am using with a remove DS-7608NXI-I2/8P/S NVR.

All of a sudden on 19th April, it decided it would stop recording events. Up until that time, the three cameras attached recorded when triggered by their events.

Using the Main View tab, I can get live images and I can get live images through the iVMS-4500 mobile app, so the cameras themselves are working as is the internet connection and to some degree the NVR.

To try and find out whats going on, I use the Maintenance and Management tab, select the gear and then basic settings. The dialog appears as expected.

So, now I try to look for the camera settings so Basic tab > Smart Events > Intrusion Detection. The first thing that strikes me a bit odd is that none of the live views for any of the cameras are visible, nor are the trigger areas which are normally overlaid on the live views. I then try to change sensitivity so I nugde that up a couple and hit Save. Now depending on what mood it is in, I get one of two things. Either a banner from the top saying "invalid Operation" which disappears after a few seconds or absolutely nothing at all (no acknowledgement) - there is no feedback or change of any kind.

There is no live view image for any camera under the Image tab either so it appears that live views when viewed through the configuration are part of the problem as live views from the Main View appear ok.

Firmware Version V4.60.105 build 220118
Encoding Version V5.0 build 220117
Hardware Version 0100000092010000
FR Version V5.0.310
Perimeter Protection Algorithm Version V1.9.0
Version of Face Capture Algorithm Library V5.0.310
Web Version V4.5.0 build 211229
Plugin Version V3.0.7.41

I have tried rebooting the computer running iVMS-4200, I've rebooted the remote NVR and I have the latest iVMS-4200 installed.

Has anyone encountered any of these issues before?

Last edited:

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Navigate to conrol panel, uninstall WebComponents.exe
Go to nvr configuration via ivms when prompted to install plugin, install it.

You most likely installed additional plugin that overwritten the one needed for this fw nvr. The plugins are not the same for every firmware.

cosmarchy

n3wb
Reaction score
@trempa92 just uninstalled WebComponents and re-installed from iVMS and there is no difference. I still cannot make changes.

Just for good measure, I also disabled the firewall and anti-virus but that also didn't help.

cosmarchy

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, so looks like there is something odd here - this is the view from IE when looking at the camera:

Via IE.png

I am getting a live image where I didn't in iVMS.

This is the view on IE when looking at the NVR:
IE NVR.png

This is the view from iVMS:

Via iVMS.png

As you can see there is no live image...

There are other things too. It is enabled in iVMS but not in IE and the threshold / sensitivity / detection target settings are different.

It doesn't look like there is any synchronization between the NVR settings and the camera settings.

Attachments

Last edited: