Multiple Profiles per camera?

bombo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have motion detection configured for a camera. Currently, if it detects any motion in view it records.
I would also like to set up an email or text alert when motion is detected in a small specific area only.
Is this done by setting up a second profile?
Can two profiles be active for a camera at the same time?

So basically it is currently set to record any motion, I want to keep it this way but send me an email or text if the motion occurs in a specific area.
Hopefully I did not confuse anyone.

Thanks in advance gents..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You need to clone the camera, by setting up an new camera stream. You cannot have two profiles active at once. Once you clone the camera, make sure you dont have it set to record, only to send alerts. I have it set up this way. You can make the camera hidden, under the general tab, then when everything is set up right , form the main scree right click and make sure show hidden cameras is unchecked so this way you dont have duplicate cams displaying on your screen.

bombo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
this may be a n00b question.
I set up another camera with same ip as the current one.
I set the area for trigger but it still records. how do I disable recording on this clone when triggered?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey, its easy. Go to the record tab, under "video:" select only manual instead of when triggered. Uncheck create an alert image when triggered.
You will need to make this change for each profile that you intend to use. So use the profile dropdown so that each one is set to manual only.

bombo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That did it.
Thank You for the quick reply, I may have been here all night figuring it out!!