My AIPhone doorbell cams feed CAT5e cables. Can video signals be isolated from them?

New Daddy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I moved into a house that has an AIPhone AX doorbell and intercom system.
The central unit that receives doorbell videos can only produce analog video signals through BNC ports, which are not amenable to integration with Blue Iris.
As an alternative, I'm thinking of ways to hijack the video signal directly from the cameras.
It so happens that the door cams feed videos to the central unit through CAT5e cables, as illustrated by the diagram below.
Is there any way to isolate the video signal from the CAT5e cable, so that I will have digital, as opposed to analog, video signals, which I then can feed to Blue Iris?

AIPhone AX system.png

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you post earlier today about this system? I was replying to it but when I clicked on "Post Reply" it cam back "oops" and yours was gone.
Essentially, analog to digital encoders are VERY expensive so I was wondering if the DVR that you mentioned in that post had a LAN port?
If so, maybe the DVR could stream to BI....it's a long shot.

cdoublejj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

New Daddy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did you post earlier today about this system? I was replying to it but when I clicked on "Post Reply" it cam back "oops" and yours was gone.
Essentially, analog to digital encoders are VERY expensive so I was wondering if the DVR that you mentioned in that post had a LAN port?
If so, maybe the DVR could stream to BI....it's a long shot.
Sorry, I posted that thread but found incorrect description and had to delete it.

Yes, the DVR has a LAN port.
This is what I have: The DVR is basically a linux box that you can connect through a proprietary app.

Where do I go from here?

Last edited:

New Daddy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
wow that thing is the size of a buick!

i don't see any mention of RTSP or ONVIF but, that doesn't mean it doesn't have it
I searched its user guide and found no mention of RTSP or ONVIF.
Does that mean the video signal is probably proprietary?

cdoublejj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
sounds like the maker's intentions, or if it's there they ain't telling you